When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the thread/pitch of Cartel 5513 midcase and caseback?

RickFlorida

My build is fighting me all the way to the finish. Now that I have my RoloJack shaped cartel 5513 case all shaped and ready for me to do some final assembly, my case and caseback threads need repair.   

What is the thread/pitch of the midcase and caseback on Joshua/Cartel 5513's?  It's from 2 or 3 years ago.   Even if my case was not shaped by RoloJack I can't just buy a new Cartel 5513 Case because I heard they no longer have genuine specs.

Is the Cartel Case threaded the same as Rolex 5513 but even if it is, I don't know what that thread/pitch is or how to fix it.

Does anyone machine fix these?

Thanks

I bought a new caseback so once I get that in my hands, I will see if that does the trick.    After 50 plus years of the 30.9mm diameter case thread production, I'm betting that a "threadchaser" was made for watchmakers to clean up (re-align the threads) of  cases.

Am I correct about this?     When you look up metric thread sizes, I only see a 31.5mm thread.   So 30.9mm threads on rolex cases might be a Swiss specific watch thread or perhaps French like the lignes?