When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex President Inspired Bulova

alterego

"Liking the Bulova better."

Me too. 

I was scratching around in my project box and found a Mido Commander 'Prez' with Eta 2834 and dark red dial with acrylic crystal.  Forgot about having it.  It looks almost new (with box) but has the common 'Mido Ailment'...case tube/crown gasket fell apart, it is made out of cork.

There is one on eBay...item number   352633834389

I followed the Super Sevilles for a while, 3-4 years ago and would have picked one up if I could have found a good one in the $300-500 range. Of course you have to realize that you might have to spend another $100 servicing it since these watches are 20-40 years old. The 2834 movements are typically 17 jewels- not as nice as the current 2834-2s with 25 jewels. I finally went out and built a 118239 knock-off with a DJ case and a swiss 2834-2 that I had. I prefer the oyster band to the President's band and this watch cost me less than $400 to build. 

SidOl9.jpg

I do recall seeing that nostalgia2000- Clarks had what appeared to be an Asian 2834-2 for a good price a while back, that and some parts from Rafflesdials.com and it would be a fairly easy build.