When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch auction quesation

alterego

Hi brothers. I have a question that has made me think there is something fishy in an auction at Oh boy. I've been looking for a decently price gen gold Rolex President for sometime. Prices for this guys vary from 7 to 15 K. and , although I cannot afford that amount, I accept  this ias this is what free market is about. The weird thing is there is a post offering a Pres for sale at 5.5 K. and when I looked at the "sold" items list trying to see if that was a common price for completed auctions. I found that the same watch - pics are identical -  has been sold by the same seller 4 times   between Feb 19 and April 20.  ???

Here's the most recent sale of this "same" watch:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192902550030?nordt=true

And here is a link to the five identical listings from the same seller, which all sold in the $5,000-$5,500 range:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&nordt=true&_ssn=mike375&item=192902550030&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=31387&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=president&_sacat=31387

Seller has 100% feedback with 17,000 transactions.  Only one of the five Day-Date sales has feedback but it is positive.  He also has + feedback on a $10K GMT.

Note that these are OysterQUARTZ Day-Dates (ref 19018) with a croc strap, not a RLX bracelet.