When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brand New

Hey there all!

New to RWG, but not to watches. Decided to do some rep research and here I am! No reps currently owned (yet) but plenty of watches I've modded as homages.

Looking forward to snagging my first one (either a Sub or BB) and officially joining the ranks!

As for what I've got around the wrist today, a Vostok Amphibia 710 SE mod.912ca2872c36462d084ea8a8314f753c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

A quiet little backwater with more knowledge than the highways. Enjoy your new rabbit hole
Rabbit hole indeed! I've already got plans to pick up a Noob 114060 V8 and drop a legit 2824 in it, then after that a ZF Heritage BB Blue and do the same.

A whole new ailment has been added to the overall sickness haha.

On the vostok subject

I had one amphibia to try and i couldnt live with the wobbly (to use an euphemism..) crown

Are they all such ?

The wobbly crown is by design. It's weird to get used to, but it puts way less stress on the movement since it's actually completely disengaged from the movement unless you're adjusting the day or time. The trick I use while winding the movement or setting the time is to slightly angle my fingers away from the watch and it seems to keep everything engaged and smooth.

Guest keeper

I do love the fake Russian watch vibe..

It's interesting that many folk are interested in Russian watches. Of course the Russians have a noble tradition in watchmaking, gaining and sharing skills from all over Europe they loomed like a giant over European production.

Step forward to a tragic time ...WW2

Step forward again....https://www.russian-watches.info/shop/russian-vintage-watches/russian-vintage-poljot-okeah-sturmanskie-military-navy-chronograph-watch/

If yo don't fancy expending the time, energy patience finding a genuine one of the above.

Consider this.

RE0.jpg