When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Rolex

Guest keeper

• 2 weeks later...
Guest keeper
On 5/6/2019 at 10:53 AM, thegrail said:

What a post ! Says it all about you.

sympathise Val Kilmer,I also have had a bad experience with my first rep, a Planet Ocean Chrono which was purchased from a dealer recommended here.

Over the first few months of ownership the bracelet fell apart revealing bent link assembly pins and corroded tubes,the deployment clasp suffered failure of the thin-walled hollow rivet linking the two halves of the clasp, and last but not least the decal at 12 came out of it's seat and floated about the face before coming to rest at 11, and all this in a rep that cost $240.

Now being a toolmaker I had the skills and tools to sort the bracelet and clasp problems, but I don't have any watchmaking skills so one day I'll have to take it to my local watch repairer and ask if he can fix the problems with the face.

As this is my first post I'm unable to put up some photos, but I felt so much sympathy for you I just wanted to show a

little solidarity with your plight.

All the above has shaken my confidence and now I only buy low-cost reps from DHgate,CQout and the like..although I'm nnow starting to look at Watcheden's low-end reps with some intent ^_^

I hope you get a satisfactory outcome in the end.

NB: I haven't named the dealer as I never had the confidence to confront them over their shoddy goods.

The above was my first post in a forum...let alone a watch forum.

I was given a mildly(brutal it felt) rough ride.

Edited by keeper

On 5/8/2019 at 5:29 PM, keeper said:

Thanks.

Show's you you know nothing about me.

:)

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hmmm... you've shown that you're not aware that you don't conjugate the verb "to show" with an apostrophe.

Everyone here is a blank slate.  Up to YOU to fill in the blanks.

Guest keeper
2 hours ago, cheld said:

Hmmm... you've shown that you're not aware that you don't conjugate the verb "to show" with an apostrophe.

Everyone here is a blank slate.  Up to YOU to fill in the blanks.

I'd suggest you're the blank slate and I'm the chalk.

:)