When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

116520 - Another GenRepenstein with some modern tweaks

hologramet

Guest keeper
On 7/2/2019 at 6:44 AM, hologramet said:

I'm guessing your mother dropping you as a child wasn't a one-time event.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I'm guessing you hope this is true. Fortunately I didnae come up the Clyde on a bike....and neither did anyone here it seems.

Have you sold this yet?

Hi Keeper. Yoo-hoo it’s me again sir.

Will need to remind you to keep out of the sales threads and also to minimize antagonistic comments which make others feel bad.

The way I see it, you’re a sharp and acerbic guy and that means that you’re not short in any way in the brains department. I will like to ask you to consider exploring your wit capability more and see if you can use them to make your posts popular and well-liked instead of report-prone ones. Right one every third report I get is about one of your posts. You’re not some dumb troll and I will like to ask you to use your sharpened pencils to draw something funny and meaningful instead of contentious and controversial.

Thanks mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Have you sold this yet?

Will need to remind you to keep out of the sales threads and also to minimize antagonistic comments which make others feel bad.

The way I see it, you’re a sharp and acerbic guy and that means that you’re not short in any way in the brains department. I will like to ask you to consider exploring your wit capability more and see if you can use them to make your posts popular and well-liked instead of report-prone ones. Right one every third report I get is about one of your posts. You’re not some dumb troll and I will like to ask you to use your sharpened pencils to draw something funny and meaningful instead of contentious and controversial.

Thanks mate!

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 9:58 AM, altesporsche said:

Hologramet that is a fine build my friend !! Stunning ! 

As for comments about spending too much ? Hmm that’s really subjective. Many fellas on these forums like myself can easily go but a genuine version of the watches we build ..  lol but it’s just not that fun 😁  

where did you track down the dial and hands ? I really really love these dials on a Daytona and want to build one 😁

Sorry mate, completely missed this post:

Hands and dial was ordered from Rolex Geneva by my source. It was pretty hard getting ahold of Chromalite Daytona-parts. Check Chrono24. I've seen several dials and hand sets appearing from time to time with acceptable prices. :)

• Like 1

Guest keeper
On 7/8/2019 at 2:27 PM, Legend said:

Thanks mate!

Point taken Boss.

Image result for zip gif

How much did what make in the end? I built a Panda-Daytona, just like I wanted it. It cost me about 12-14k USD less than buying a new one on Chrono24.

I didn't make shiet. It makes me happy though. Stop asking stupid questions. Read first. This is a build log not an advertisement. Period.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi mate! I see that this hobby is not for everyone... default_wink.gif For a watch lover that’s a masterpiece!!

Thanks mate! Yeah... Actually this, my 16610LN and my Gilt PCG 5512 I consider ”Genenstein” even though not every single piece of steel is machined in Switzerland.

• Like 1