When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Old school Omega 300m chronograph

denimhead

Hi guys

Hopefully someone maybe able to help me. I've recently purchased a Franken old school omega seamaster 300 chronograph. The aim is to try and make it watertight, it has a gen tube and crown and I'm sure I can re gasket the pushers. Does anyone know If the helium valve was just a mock one, or would I also need to find a gasket for that as well.

Appreciate any Info 

Cheers DH

Some penetrate the case so it would be a good idea to open her up and see. I’d not bother about the HeV being gen or functional (when are you going down in a diving bell?). Just remove the HeV and a blob of epoxy adhesive then replace the HeV. It should be enough to make it watertight. That’s been done on one of my reps and it a passed 100m test. 

Thanks Kernow

I'm intrigued to see what arrives as this is an old rep, one of the original Eddie Lee supplied ones. I'm hoping the case is as per Gen construction so it'll be a case of replacing gaskets if I'm lucky. If not then the Marine apoxy will be out in force!

I'll post a few pics for the process.

Cheers M

• 1 year later...
On 5/22/2019 at 12:13 PM, denimhead said:

Thanks Kernow

I'm intrigued to see what arrives as this is an old rep, one of the original Eddie Lee supplied ones. I'm hoping the case is as per Gen construction so it'll be a case of replacing gaskets if I'm lucky. If not then the Marine apoxy will be out in force!

I'll post a few pics for the process.

Cheers M

did you receive the case how does it look like?