When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No Such Thing As A Real Mbw?!

RedManChew

I've been doing heavy research on this site and several others for a long time. It turns out that you guys consider an MBW (or Maria's Best Watch) a high quality watch standard perfect for doing mods to (because they are so closely imitated to the originals). Unfortuntately, Maria was a dealer several years ago but is not one any more. I keep reading about how you guys are modding your MBWs, but I still cannot find the source as to who is selling them or where you guys are getting them from.

Can somebody please tell me where I can find a dealer where I can purchase a high quality MBW (Submariner probably) so I can start my modding project... nobody seems to have them except Maria (who doesnt exist anymore). Thanks.

I've been doing heavy research on this site and several others for a long time. It turns out that you guys consider an MBW (or Maria's Best Watch) a high quality watch standard perfect for doing mods to (because they are so closely imitated to the originals). Unfortuntately, Maria was a dealer several years ago but is not one any more. I keep reading about how you guys are modding your MBWs, but I still cannot find the source as to who is selling them or where you guys are getting them from.

Can somebody please tell me where I can find a dealer where I can purchase a high quality MBW (Submariner probably) so I can start my modding project... nobody seems to have them except Maria (who doesnt exist anymore). Thanks.

186032-5948.jpg

Who cares about marias watches...life is too short to worry about such details when there are pretty ladies like Maria S. around :victory:

@Golf36 [Red]

Did you learn in your "Heavy Research" that multiple ID's are not allowed?

I'm also a little confused on how much "Heavy Research" you could of done in the 10 mintues between when you joined and started this thread...

TT

Owned.

I've been doing heavy research on this site and several others for a long time.

So you already know everything I'm going to type, but I'll do it for other people who may not have been as exhaustive in their research as you.

Since you've been doing heavy research, you know there are a few sources for these today. You know their forum ID's. You know how to contact them. And, you know that generally they won't sell to someone new to the boards without references from other established board members.

You also know that these periodically come up for sale in the member trade section, so you'll be keeping your eyes open for an opportunity there. You've read the prominently posted and excellent reviews of MBW's, how to identify a real MBW, what is special about them, etc. So that kind of already answers your "no such thing as a real MBW" question. Finally, you also know that at least one prominent board member and more "mainstream" dealer has recently started sourcing these.

I know you already know all this because you've done "heavy research," so you probably only posted your rhetorical question as a conversation starter. Hopefully this will clarify things for other new people who haven't done as much research as you.

Best,

Bob

Guest leonado

Are you going to Bangkok, Thailand any time soon???

If so, then you can easily pick up some vintage mbw rollies directly from the shop that makes them, for half the price that dealers here charge.

If not, then you need to contact one of the Thailand based dealers and hope they sell to you or find a member on the boards to sell/trade one to you.

In my opinion, these vintage mbw are way over-hyped and only good value for your money if you can get them for the price of 200 US$ (price in bangkok direct).

If you need further info, pm me.

L

Guest aclaimsman

Bill,

I told you in the email I sent you that the DRSD was going to get alot of wrist time. Well so far, I haven't lied and as far as the stingray strap, very nice.

Steve