When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No Parts For You!

automatico

The poster who called contemporary Rolex a jewelry company specializing in precious metal watches was spot on. They've gone so deep after the prestige image that they now carry what is to me an ugly reputation for appealing mainly to the vapid crowd of people who put prestige and the appearance of success over everything in life. 

Not knocking anyone who wears modern Rolex but I see very little in common between their vintage brilliance and the products they are releasing today. The designs haven't changed all that much but the spirit has. 

I give you the two-tone Sea Dweller.   :bad:

I could barely accept a two tone Submariner, since most are desk divers and it's marginally okay to have some frou-frou at work.  But a SD is a tool watch with a purpose.  There is no reason on God's green earth for it to have gold anything.   :snorkel:

After the 5 diget tool watches Rolex for me, sadly has gone the wrong way. Funnily enough the five didget Seadweller was i believe the last time Comex used it as an issued watch. We have a brand new huge Goldsmiths here in Nottingham and you need to wear friggin sunglasses if you go within a 100 yards of the window. Exclusive? interest free credit to anyone who can get it, please form an orderly queue to buy an "exclusive Rolex watch".

Luckily Berry's are across the road with brands such as IWC, Panerai & JLC.

I can't justify buying them anymore but at least i don't get eye blindness looking at them.

After the 5 diget tool watches Rolex for me, sadly has gone the wrong way. Funnily enough the five didget Seadweller was i believe the last time Comex used it as an issued watch. We have a brand new huge Goldsmiths here in Nottingham and you need to wear friggin sunglasses if you go within a 100 yards of the window. Exclusive? interest free credit to anyone who can get it, please form an orderly queue to buy an "exclusive Rolex watch".

Luckily Berry's are across the road with brands such as IWC, Panerai & JLC.

I can't justify buying them anymore but at least i don't get eye blindness looking at them.

All feels like a big con job, no serving available. Please just buy one of our very shinny new watches and we will make you have it serviced with us and nobody else.