When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SA3135 Movement Stops Dead after Winding

Hi All-

I purchased a 116234 M2M at the beginning of this year which was originally purchased from intime with the SA3135 movement. Since owning the watch I have had no luck with the movement running consistently for 24+ hours and to be honest do not have the skillset or knowledge to be tinkering with the movement.

I can wind the watch 20-25 times and wear it throughout the day yet the watch will still come to a dead stop by morning when I wake up (about 7 hours sitting on a shelf). First I am wondering if this is an easy repair to the movement? Secondly, is there are any CONUS modders who would be willing to take on this work or could opine if I should be replacing the movement/have the ability to replace the movement with something more reliable? I attached a couple pics from the original sales thread and can send the full link in a PM if helpful. Really appreciate any help or advice anyone can provide!

116234 Movement.jpg

116234 Datewheel.jpg

116234 Front.jpg

No powerreserve so needs a service and/or a new mainspring...Is it a V1 or a V2, the V1'a had stem problems...I heard the  V2 is a bit better but has quality driving and reversing wheels

You can swap it for a new SA3135 or if you want to install a 2824-2 into a Rolex that used to have a SA3135 / SH3135 movement, then you will need: 2824-2 movement (with H4 wheels/pinion preferably for clearing the indices, unless you managed to source proper hands liek Noob V7 ETA 2836-2 sub hands that have elongated posts). ETA hands (can be extremely rare and hard to source - e.g. 214270 long hands in ETA form are impossible to find - not even my TDs can source them separately). movement ring. ETA stem (comes with movement typically). DWO (datewheel overlay). dial spacer. new dial feet (to relocate the dial feet for ETA movement position)

One of the facts that concerns me, is that I am fond of the clock regardless of whether it is expensive, genuine, replica, or cheap. Once it gets home, "he" becomes an extension of me. Not saying my representative. But perhaps my friend? But let's say that maybe it's about beeing a little bit objec-o-filic. So "he" is not only a rep.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...