When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2386 time change problem in SD4K

K12AN

Hi All

I have a lovely 116600 (SD4K) and it has a (apparently) Swiss 2386 fitted.

I'm having a problem with changing the time on it. Date and winding etc. is fine.

I  can only change the time to make it earlier. If I need to move the time forwards, the crown will eventually screw off the spindle.

I think this is simply a case of needing to screw the crown on tightly. Any ideas on if this is a difficult task?

I'm scared of opening the watch and removing the pin/spindle....I tried a DIY repair years ago on a Hublot Big Bang and it didn't go so well :doh:

Yes, you have to take the caseback off, remove the stem and crown and screw down the stem into the crown. You'll need a pair of pliers to hold the stem while you turn the crown. Hopefully when you do this the stem won't be too short afterwards. If that turns out to be the case, you'll need to order another stem and start all over. You'll probably need to trim the new stem- it will need to be slightly longer than the old stem. You might be able to find something on youtube to show you how to do this.  

Alligoat is correct. Use a tiny bit of loctite on the stem. When you release the stem, add a very slight outward pressure and barely, and I mean barley press the pin down. Don’t force the stem back in. Push in gently while rotating it slightly .