When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is there anything to do about buyer flaking on sales?

kelmc

Welcome to the world of the 16 year old dreamer!

They want a flash watch on their wrist to impress the laYdEEz. They haven't got any money but they want that watch sooooo bad. 

Can you imagine the look on the laYdEEz faces when they pull up on their BMX with that Rollie dangling off their wrist....boom!!

Now, their only option is to persuade Mum or Dad to borrow them the dOllaZz, but they know when they get that watch, it's got to be perfect otherwise they're going to get called out and ridiculed worse than having a 5mm penis.

So they start with the questions, hundreds of questions...and they want pictures, lots of pictures and guarantees. If this deal goes [censored] up and they've spent Mum & Dads money on a crock of poo, they're in it up to their neck!

So, they've finally got the deal of the century on they're dream watch and now for the easy part... "Mum can you borrow me 300 dOllaZz to but myself a Rollie"? "What do you mean, no"?

"Dad, can you borrow me 300 dOllaZz to buy a Rollie, I'll, like, wash the car for a month I promise"! "No, but I've already told the guy I'm having it. Oh my God, you are so unfair, I knew you never ever loved me"!

And that's wareth the story endZZ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Whenever I put something up for sale I get deluged with messages from children that can't find their butt with both hands.  I just ignore them.

Consider putting artificial limits on your sales.  I only sell to people I know, or who have been around 5+ years, or who have consistently been donating or participating in the forum.  Look at their profile here, it shows how much they participate and how long they've been around. 

Don't be in a hurry to sell.  You get to do it exactly one time and you want it to be pleasant for everyone.  I've been approached by dipsticks from VRF with high 5-figure offers to buy my pieces, and I ignore them too.  God knows they have more money than sense and doubtless, a horde of lawyers on retainer.  That means I'd lose my watch and never see a dime for it.  Forget that, I'd rather GIVE it away than tolerate that crap.

This is supposed to be fun, right?  So make it fun.  I once gave away a watch here to the first person who could tell me the name of my grandmother's pet.  There's one public place on the Internet with that detail, and by God, someone found it.  I was pleased as punch to give him that watch.  Make it fun!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ceejay said:

Welcome to the world of the 16 year old dreamer!

They want a flash watch on their wrist to impress the laYdEEz. They haven't got any money but they want that watch sooooo bad. 

Can you imagine the look on the laYdEEz faces when they pull up on their BMX with that Rollie dangling off their wrist....boom!!

Now, their only option is to persuade Mum or Dad to borrow them the dOllaZz, but they know when they get that watch, it's got to be perfect otherwise they're going to get called out and ridiculed worse than having a 5mm penis.

So they start with the questions, hundreds of questions...and they want pictures, lots of pictures and guarantees. If this deal goes [censored] up and they've spent Mum & Dads money on a crock of poo, they're in it up to their neck!

So, they've finally got the deal of the century on they're dream watch and now for the easy part... "Mum can you borrow me 300 dOllaZz to but myself a Rollie"? "What do you mean, no"?

"Dad, can you borrow me 300 dOllaZz to buy a Rollie, I'll, like, wash the car for a month I promise"! "No, but I've already told the guy I'm having it. Oh my God, you are so unfair, I knew you never ever loved me"!

And that's wareth the story endZZ...

And then when you post all the photos from every possible angle comes out the ultimate timewaster asking for a lume

shot :)))

• Haha 1

Dude... This happens with 3/4 people who ask about items.

And then I get complaints that I'm "short" in PM's. A crown for 40 EUR and people want me to guide them to a tube, to fitment of movement, etc etc. You send payment details and then they don't even have the nerve to say they found something else or changed their mind.

This is standard. And that is the way it is.

Make good ads.
Be short.
Don't waste your time.
And the buyer will eventually appear.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk