When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Little White Lies We're Supposed To Tolerate?

Pugwash

I still haven't read this entire thread, although I have read every page of Edge's 29 page thread which is equally damning of the Cartel's behaviours. I've said before that I am totally against the behaviour of the Cartel, so saying so again would be an unnecessary repetition, and besides, thanks to Slay, I now have a nice sig that can do that for me.

I just wanted to add something about product markups, and how they apply in the West which folks might have seen me mention previously, but just in case, here it is again:

In a highstreet store called Burton, I bought a plain white sweater for

I just wanted to add something about product markups, and how they apply in the West which folks might have seen me mention previously, but just in case, here it is again:

In a highstreet store called Burton, I bought a plain white sweater for

This is slightly different. Only aesthetically may you find it being close to the genuine, and even then there are almost always flaws, some are glaring, others are not. Also, the inner workings may be very different - eg. rlx or Omga GMT watch movements used in the genuine are completely different to the unreliable b@st@rdized version of ETA used in the reps. You can also look at such as the PAM187 with Asian 7750 which has inferior materials and construction used, as well as no functional date pusher. This movement also causes a flaw with the recessed date.

Therefore your comparison doesn't stand up the same way, as these are not watches made on the same production line as the genuine, otherwise, I would buy up most of the stock and sell them as genuine!

Anyway, that is all beside the point....

And silix also have ETA Cartier Santos 100s for $150 - and when they say ETA they really do have ETA.

That's true, and I totally appreciate that these watches aren't made on the same production line as the genuine ones, I was just pointing out how in many cases, a lot of 'high end' items, are not actually worth any more than their cheaper counterparts, and are sold at a premium simply because of the logo attached. As far as I care (call it willfull ignorance, if you will :D ) I have a watch on my wrist, the dial says 'Omega', and it tells the time... That's good enough for me :D

• 2 weeks later...

pug i dont know man.. i want this to stop as well.. and thats wat ive been trying to convince ppl.. but at the end of it.. ppl attack me back for it.. so i cant do anything about it.. but if more ppl are voicing their opinion and spread it across the different boards.. maybe the newbs can see that these cartels are ripping us off.. the current problem is that the cartels are protected.. once u say something bad about them.. 934290293409234 ppl attacks u.. so yeh :)