When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

dg2813 auto winding repair

ajovev

I received this week a new Chinese watch Benyar with this dg2813 movement. I have also another similar watches with this movement and know how it works. By this Benyar - the rotor weight isn't enough to move the gears, to auto-wind it. Other directions spins very easy. 

Have anyone tried to fix this? I know that movement is not "servicable", difficult to reassemble. What can be the cause of this? I'm not a watchmaker, but I suspect the spring into the barrel is not moving easy, not lubricated, or just bad material. Have anyone tried to lubricate the spring? The other winding wheels are moving easy, so that's why I suppose this spring.

This Benyar has also other issues - stops randomly, very rare, I fully wind it manually, it is his 1st week of service, so I am watching it closely and try to document the random stop. I documented on video the autowinding not working - 2 minute shake then after 5-6 minutes it stops. 

Here if you are interested: https://youtu.be/TkMxucuOqCI

Here watch pics:
20190703-145524.jpg 20190703-145534.jpg

20190703-145546.jpg 20190703-145603.jpg

20190703-145609.jpg 20190703-145617.jpg

I like the watch, big dial, good hands, heavy massive case, so I want to use it. Suggestions appreciated!

I can replace the movement myself, so no paying for the replacement. I want to wear this watch, looks good and solid built otherwise. So probably I'll order a movement. But still wondering what can cause the rotor not to move freely. The design is good, not like the cheapest $15 watches, by which is normal not to autowind.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest keeper
On 7/4/2019 at 4:08 PM, Mike on a bike said:

When a 2813 is bad you only need one tool, take it out hit w/ a hammer buy another.................in this case not worth it that watch is 35 dollars just buy another.

Dis.