When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Rolex Explorer 6610 project

ThomasYID

Hi,my friends.I have a gen rolex 6614 which is same 1030 movement and 36mm with diameter 28mm.I think my 6614 is almost 1:1 identical to 6614.I want to use MQ dial and handset to turn my 6614 to 6610.Can anyone give me some advise?e7b573ee12eb979d62d8103f4ac3b5a3.jpg

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

c1e1d4602ca7bce868de3a95fcc72d7a.jpga0c3c35b5a73e70d439f061932252218.jpg521e3761e78a4008dd0be1b19573a3bd.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

imageproxy.jpg.7bf7694a91c5fa6d5bb17e4b29a917a3.jpg

I corrected the position for other members to enjoy! 

Nicely done my friend....it looks great!!   That is the MQ Dial?

Best part is you can swap back at any time if you wish!!  

Congrats!  Wear it well

cheers

• Like 1

imageproxy.jpg.7bf7694a91c5fa6d5bb17e4b29a917a3.jpg

I corrected the position for other members to enjoy! 
Nicely done my friend....it looks great!!   That is the MQ Dial?

Best part is you can swap back at any time if you wish!!  

Congrats!  Wear it well

cheers

It is MQ dial&handset.Thx my friend!

• Like 1

"...the 1030 movement works well!  But I still worry about how to find parts when it has problem…"

One thing that may cause trouble and is hard to find is the winding rotor bearing p/n 7004.  You may never need it but if you find a new one at a fair price, try to get it.  You will not have any trouble reselling it if you do not need it.  A fair price is $50 to $90 USD or so imho.

These movements usually do not have many problems but if you want to gather up spare parts...look for a rough watch with one in it at a low price...or you might find parts that a retired watch repair guy has from back when they were popular.  Ask around...a friend had a small box of old rlx parts and he gave them to me when I asked if he had any parts.  You never know what you might find.

Stay away from rusty movements unless they set, wind, and still run...or are free.   :tu:

"...the 1030 movement works well!  But I still worry about how to find parts when it has problem…"

One thing that may cause trouble and is hard to find is the winding rotor bearing p/n 7004.  You may never need it but if you find a new one at a fair price, try to get it.  You will not have any trouble reselling it if you do not need it.  A fair price is $50 to $90 USD or so imho.
These movements usually do not have many problems but if you want to gather up spare parts...look for a rough watch with one in it at a low price...or you might find parts that a retired watch repair guy has from back when they were popular.  Ask around...a friend had a small box of old rlx parts and he gave them to me when I asked if he had any parts.  You never know what you might find.
Stay away from rusty movements unless they set, wind, and still run...or are free.   :tu:

thx bro!I have heard that Rolex Offical do not repair 1030movement now.Is it right?

You could send the original watch to them for a sevice, but it would be very expensive and if it needed a part, I don't know what they'd do. Don't send the 6610 assembly to them- too risky- they might figure out that the dial is aftermarket. You'd be better off finding a local watchmaker for a service and I'd recommend keeping it serviced regularly- hoping that that way you will avoid an unnecessary wear and tear to critical and hard to find parts.