When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for Patek 5167

m78D

Hey,

Could someone tell me which factory makes the best rep with a good price quality ratio?

I really like the rose gold version with the brown dial but I'm not sure how long the plating will last (= how the quality of it is) and how the color is compared to the original. I could not really find any in depth reviews either. If the rose gold is not at all like the gen or if the plating is poor quality I would like to go for a blue dial one.

I already found out that the ZF is supposedly closest to gen but a bit overpriced whereas the V6F has the best quality / price ratio with a few minor flaws.

Is that still the case? Does someone maybe have experience with that watch and could tell me what I should look for / which factory would be the best to choose?

Not a Patek guy but I can tell you rule of thumb is stay away from plated w/ any rep. This being said if you are only going to wear for special occasions it should hold up well for everyday I would not go w/ gold of any hue. As far as color being on that I can not speak to.

I did some more digging and what it basically boils down to:

ZF has the best OOTB watch but with a date wheel mod the KMF should be better looking. The V6F only really wins in price comparisons.

So I think I'm going to go for the KMF and change the date wheel.

They also said that the rose gold version holds up very well so if it is taken care  of the gold should last a while.

• Like 1