When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

007 a women!

So forget your new James Bond Omega unless your going w/ a ladies watch...............

I am a pretty open minded guy but this is just wrong and I like women in some strong roles Marvel been doing well there, but this move nope nope wrong............

I am not a misogynist or sexist and I respect women in general, but some roles are gender specific IMHO. 

007 should always be a man in line with his creator's intentions, and wonder-woman should always remain a woman. 

I am open to characters like Captain Marvel being either gender. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Legend said:

I am not a misogynist or sexist and I respect women in general, but some roles are gender specific IMHO. 

007 should always be a man in line with his creator's intentions, and wonder-woman should always remain a woman. 

I am open to characters like Captain Marvel being either gender. 

Yes agreed. The whole freak out about an African-American mermaid was a bit much,  considering the source material/lore and that it existed pre-Disney... but this is different. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 508-Fanatic said:

It's definitely odd. From what I understood in the novels the 007 is a status, a descriptor / level of clearance or whatever, or maybe that's just the 00 part? It was a long time ago I read Fleming's work... but regardless yes - I agree rather odd.

Yes, 007 is an agent code designation within MI6, and James Bond was simply the guy assigned to this code. So we have been conditioned to see 007 = James Bond. 

Well, what you said make perfect sense, 007 can be a woman and James Bond can co-exist in the same movie. No conflict there.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Legend said:

Totally agree!!  Couldn't have put it better myself!   Imagine now Doctor Who character is going to be replaced by a woman and what next?  Mary Poppins portrayed as a male commando soldier!  LOL!

• Like 1

Welcome to the SJW era. Where the liberal Hollywood wants to replace every strong male role with a female feminist and when the movie flops they blame it on all the white patriarchal men. Go figure!

I agree! Disney ruined Star Wars this way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this goes on for more than a movie I'm out. As much as I liked 2 of Daniel Craig's performances I have no idea why he's back given his past disparaging comments about the role. If they continue with this pathway then the series will die. They already have ruined Blofeld sadly so it seems it may be another beloved series destroyed by ham-fisted political writing. 

• Like 1

It will go full circle when Jane Bond is a black lesbian womaniser. Women’s Lib is emasculating society to the point that there will be no ‘real’ men left. 

• Like 1

“Atomic Blond” was on a similar track but with a female Bond type.

Why couldn’t that have been continued with its own following. No, they had to venture into unwelcome territory.

This will be a box office flop.

It will go full circle when Jane Bond is a black lesbian womaniser. Women’s Lib is emasculating society to the point that there will be no ‘real’ men left. 

The attack on men and manhood is real and full throttle!!!! Ask Gillette!

20 hours ago, kernow said:

Just a little point to note G, the lady will be replacing Craig for the 007 role, but not the James Bond character. So 007 and James Bond can technically co-exist in the same movie if Bond is no longer 007. Yes it is still strange since 007 has become synonymous with James Bond. 

That said, I am looking forward to Marvel's Black Widow being played by an teenage Indian/Asian/Eurasian/Japanese boy.  Makes equal sense.  

On 7/16/2019 at 7:20 AM, HaydenM said:

If this goes on for more than a movie I'm out. As much as I liked 2 of Daniel Craig's performances I have no idea why he's back given his past disparaging comments about the role. If they continue with this pathway then the series will die. They already have ruined Blofeld sadly so it seems it may be another beloved series destroyed by ham-fisted political writing. 

He's back for one reason.........   $$$$$$$$$$

He's a great actor but the role of Bond will get him a much bigger paycheck than any other movie he may be offered to star in.   In then end, that's what its all about.

Ian Flemming is rolling over in his grave.  The Bond books were practically "Pulp Fiction" not material meant for PC Culture.

Even though 00's have been reassigned:  https://jamesbond.fandom.com/wiki/00_agents

Give her another number.  007 is synonymous with Bond.

Why not develop an awesome female spy character like "Atomic Blonde" and just end Bond/007 in this 25th installment.  A Series Finale.  We have John Wick now, and the last 2 Mission Impossible movies have been superior anyway.

6 hours ago, Ronin said:

Why not develop an awesome female spy character like "Atomic Blonde" and just end Bond/007 in this 25th installment.  A Series Finale.  We have John Wick now, and the last 2 Mission Impossible movies have been superior anyway.

Or just do what Bond did for decades, have Bond show up in the next movie with a new actor and don't mention a thing.

Edited by HaydenM