When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any vintage Blancpain love?

Ronin

Hey everyone, I too am back, settling back in here as my home forum.

I have an itch to build/buy a BP and/or Tornek-Rayville. 

A “No Rads” would be ideal. I am finding aftermarket cases, but finding Dials seems to be a challenge. Only Phong has anything and it is not a good versions at all. 

Anyone similarly interested in these classics or know parts sources?

Nice.  Have you seen the monstrosity on Phong's site at the present time.  🤮

Building one of these is proving tough.  There are some homages out there that aren't bad case wise.  Just need some solid dials.

Nice.  Have you seen the monstrosity on Phong's site at the present time. 

Building one of these is proving tough.  There are some homages out there that aren't bad case wise.  Just need some solid dials.
Yeah, mine all started out the same as phongs offering, custom bezel insert makes a world of difference

On 7/30/2019 at 7:00 PM, Ronin said:

That would be great Champagnesky!  

Can an you tell us or even PM the Phong alternative?

I can send you a Pm. It would be fun to do a a group build though, if anyone is interested. Needs lots of work though to make it right. The rised text on the dial is a challenge also. Dsn is unfortunately not selling his dials separately and I have no clue how to produce such effect on a dial. The Tornek-Rayville Dial would probably be easier to make. The insert can be made by Athaya, I think someone on HF has already tried doing one. 

• 2 months later...

These are great!! I have a DSN LIP Blancpain that I like. I know it’s pretty far off from the gen but really, how many folks have seen a gen in the flesh?
I believe Bill Yao’s MKII cases were dimensionally pretty close to the original, as he purchased the rights and all the paperwork from the owner of the Tornak-Rayville name. However the watches are as scarce as hens teeth and sell almost immediately when they show up for sale.
I would be interested in a group project if it is feasible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...