When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dial Repair

IAN2109

I've seen it done- there's typically two holes in the dial where the stick marker goes and the stick marker has two prongs on the back side. A small dab of glue in each hole and then you just press the stick marker into place. It's not that difficult, you just have to be careful with the glue.

not a big thing mate, just take off the dial and as Alligoat says, normally there are 2 small holes where the markers are attached, just put the 2 "pins" of the marker in and a tint amount of glue on the backside of the dial where the holes are...job done...

I suggest you put your glue from the back, not the front. If you put a tiny drop of glue from the backside, when you loop it you will see a very small dot of glue in the hole. Then carefully install your stick. After the glue dries sand the back of the dial smooth. One of the ways I test dials is to put the dial in a clear plastic dial box with foam. The foam supports the dial and keeps it from moving. Tape the box closed and drop it from about 1 foot from the floor. After you take it out of the box, ck that each stick is still firmly in place. That is just a test I use on diamond bezels and dials to ck for any loose items. If you're not comfortable doing that, then don't. It's not advice, just something I do. Good luck