When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PayPal sucks

tyrantblade

Just wanted to say that PayPal is terrible, my whole week has been ruined by them keeping money from me that I have earned, they have ruined a hobby of mine (it went from being fun to completely terrible, and why bother selling things when you cant have the money from it?) And they can keep this BS Dispute up for another 2 weeks

Good job ruining my life over a $17.20 profit margin from a $50 sale, when there was no dispute over a $480 sale 

But sure, I ripped off a customer in a $50 sale that took $32.80 to make

Obviously people spend 2/3rds of the money they expect to make to RIP people off, right?

On 8/19/2019 at 12:14 AM, aflop said:

Sorry to hear that mate but tell us something we don't already know.. PayPal sucks big time

Sent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk

I knew there were issues, I just didn't know they were this bad

1st $137 I made from selling stuff was put on hold for no reason

2nd it got pushed back by a bogus claim

3rd, I had to put $100 in my bank to pay my $45 phone bill

All because some Asshat made up a bogus excuse as a form of extortion to make me send him more stuff for free

Hes gonna get his precious free trading cards alright, shredded to pieces so they cant be used or sold or anything

At times it can be very frustrating. They are on the side of the buyer. But, as long as you know the rules you can play by them. The buyer has plenty of time to decide if he or she is satisfied with their purchase. If they complain, paypal will put a hold on your account for that amount. However, if it is gift or friends and family, they do nothing. If the buyer doesn't want to use gift, then don't make the sale. That's pretty simple. It's still a great way to get paid. Good luck to all of you.

15 hours ago, mymanmatt said:

At times it can be very frustrating. They are on the side of the buyer. But, as long as you know the rules you can play by them. The buyer has plenty of time to decide if he or she is satisfied with their purchase. If they complain, paypal will put a hold on your account for that amount. However, if it is gift or friends and family, they do nothing. If the buyer doesn't want to use gift, then don't make the sale. That's pretty simple. It's still a great way to get paid. Good luck to all of you.

Yeah, but that would probably severely limit the amount of sales I would make as I would probably run into an awful lot of people that see refusal to take G and S as some sort of admission of a grand scheme to rip them off.

Anyways, I just dont feel like continuing with sales for that hobby anymore

It isnt worth this kind of hassle and I just dont feel like my heart is in it anymore

I feel like I would just be better off not using PayPal anymore 

PayPal friends & family funded by a credit card can still be disputed with the credit card company. I’ve seen it done a few times before, successfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/28/2019 at 5:47 AM, porschespeedster said:

Yep, one can't use PayPal or eBay if you want to sell and avoid even bogus charges from customers.

In short, PayPal is for buying, not selling.

Yeah, I know that now

It used to be they weren't so skeptical of whether or not you gave the customer what they paid for; but now as soon as customer says you left out part of the package they take the buyers side