Jump to content
RWG
  • 0
LucianoDS7

What movement do I have?

Question

Hello, I recently received this watch as a gift and wanted to ask you what movement does it use? Is it an asian ETA? I am new to the field so please have patience :) Thank you!

LUC_5594.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Actually Ssteel answered both your questions, though rather succinctly.  This will help explain what we refer to as a "21j" movement here.  Our apologies, it's just vernacular.

 

 

The best way to use the watch is to wind it a few turns to get it running, then simply wear it.  It will auto-wind with wrist movement.  Some of my watches can take 40 or 50 turns until they're fully wound.  If you give this one 10 to 20, it will be more than enough to get it going and keeping time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

21j cheapie

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, SSTEEL said:

21j cheapie

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk
 

 

Thanks BUT...NO thanks! I expected a more mature and professional answer, especially as I specified that I am a beginner.

So if anyone is serious out there please let me know:

- how to use this movement best so I don't damage it

- is it an asian Eta, what kind?

- how many times should I wind it if it stops?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

On another note 21Js are cheap but if you get a good one it will chug along just fine not the greatest sweep but a work horse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

^^ what he said.  I've got a couple that refuse to die.  Their rotors are noisy as heck but they just flat work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 hours ago, LucianoDS7 said:

 

Thanks BUT...NO thanks! I expected a more mature and professional answer, especially as I specified that I am a beginner.

So if anyone is serious out there please let me know:

- how to use this movement best so I don't damage it

- is it an asian Eta, what kind?

- how many times should I wind it if it stops?

are you serious???...2 post with the second one insulting a member who answered your question....if you would have bothered to do some reading before you replied in a ass way, you would have known the answers to your questions!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 hours ago, Nanuq said:

Actually Ssteel answered both your questions, though rather succinctly.  This will help explain what we refer to as a "21j" movement here.  Our apologies, it's just vernacular.

 

 

The best way to use the watch is to wind it a few turns to get it running, then simply wear it.  It will auto-wind with wrist movement.  Some of my watches can take 40 or 50 turns until they're fully wound.  If you give this one 10 to 20, it will be more than enough to get it going and keeping time.

 

Now that's the way to answer a question. Well done and thank you! Much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, LucianoDS7 said:

 

Now that's the way to answer a question. Well done and thank you! Much appreciated!

 yeah right, .....and you have a professional attitude insulting members like Ssteel who answered your question?

Seems you are too lazy to do some searching of your own as Nanuq found that in seconds.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, capice said:

 yeah right, .....and you have a professional attitude insulting members like Ssteel who answered your question?

Seems you are too lazy to do some searching of your own as Nanuq found that in seconds.....

Search what, you dumb-bell? Since there is no text on the movement what should I look for? Should I have dreamed what 21J means? Learn how to speak nicely and without negative words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Seems you are pretty arrogant....and this is positive??....Thanks BUT...NO thanks! I expected a more mature and professional answer, especially as I specified that I am a beginner.someone helped you out and this is how you thanks him.. .....your attitude needs a lot of work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, capice said:

Seems you are pretty arrogant....and this is positive??....Thanks BUT...NO thanks! I expected a more mature and professional answer, especially as I specified that I am a beginner.someone helped you out and this is how you thanks him.. .....your attitude needs a lot of work

If I am arrogant, you are ignorant and lazy. Just like the other guy Ssteel, who was lazy enough to write just 2 words, as if I can understand EVERYTHING by: 21J Cheapie. This teaches us all an important lesson: one can have expensive watches, and still remain naive (!) Note that down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

It's possible you have a Miyota 82 auto movement, see link below.

 

https://www.repgeek.com/nembos-corner-watches-/312670-fs-beautiful-audemars-piguet-15400-ss-blue-price.html

 

Quote

Just like the other guy Ssteel, who was lazy enough to write just 2 words, as if I can understand EVERYTHING by: 21J Cheapie.

 

 

And by the way, I don't take too kindly being insulted.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, SSTEEL said:

It's possible you have a Miyota 82 auto movement, see link below.

 

https://www.repgeek.com/nembos-corner-watches-/312670-fs-beautiful-audemars-piguet-15400-ss-blue-price.html

 

 

 

And by the way, I don't take too kindly being insulted.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

 

Was that supposed to be a Miyota joke? I don't laugh at bad jokes, sorry... And you shouldn't bother answering please, Nanuq has nailed it and answered as a serious watch guy should: in detail and with clear explanations. 

12 hours ago, eshow3907 said:

Gen


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

What is GEN? Short version for: Geeks Explain Nothing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
42 minutes ago, LucianoDS7 said:

 

Was that supposed to be a Miyota joke? I don't laugh at bad jokes, sorry... And you shouldn't bother answering please, Nanuq has nailed it and answered as a serious watch guy should: in detail and with clear explanations. 

 

What is GEN? Short version for: Geeks Explain Nothing?

 

Have you even bothered following the link I took the time to show you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 minutes ago, SSTEEL said:

 

Have you even bothered following the link I took the time to show you?

@eshow3907, @SSTEELdon't bother replying to explain m8....let this insulting ignorant find his own answers somewhere else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, capice said:

@eshow3907, @SSTEELdon't bother replying to explain m8....let this insulting ignorant find his own answers somewhere else

Ooh, look who's back! I though it was your nap time now at noon, so have a good sleep! Bye bye!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, LucianoDS7 said:

 

Was that supposed to be a Miyota joke? I don't laugh at bad jokes, sorry... And you shouldn't bother answering please, Nanuq has nailed it and answered as a serious watch guy should: in detail and with clear explanations. 

 

What is GEN? Short version for: Geeks Explain Nothing?

Alrighty.... 

I'm not a mod or anything, but I'm thinking  you're headed for a ban dude... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 9/15/2019 at 2:27 PM, LucianoDS7 said:

Ooh, look who's back! I though it was your nap time now at noon, so have a good sleep! Bye bye!

This really isn't the best start in terms of communicating with the members here, we've all been new to the forum and we are always learning. Oh and by the way when your watches need fixing guess who you'll need to fix them. Yep Mr Steel.  Deep breath and lets start again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Ooh, look who's back! I though it was your nap time now at noon, so have a good sleep! Bye bye!


Luciano ... Wattafucco?

Your mom must have spoiled you and imprinted a hefty does of acquired helplessness in your persona. Why should we waste time on you? You’re not even polite. If youre a beginner, be humble. You act like you own the place, throwing commands around.

Newsflash:
1) You’re not special.
2) Everything won’t be handed to you for free.
3) Acting cocky won’t make you friends.


Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 9/13/2019 at 7:35 PM, LucianoDS7 said:

 

Thanks BUT...NO thanks! I expected a more mature and professional answer, especially as I specified that I am a beginner.

So if anyone is serious out there please let me know:

- how to use this movement best so I don't damage it

- is it an asian Eta, what kind?

- how many times should I wind it if it stops?

 

Seriously it is a cheap 21 jewel movement, use it as a daily watch or an occasional wear. No it is not an ETA clone. Wind it however you prefer, eventually it will break as do all mechanical things, but it is a very cheap movement to replace. Lastly if you want help on this forum, don’t go out of your way to become unpopular with those far more knowledge than you currently are 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...