When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What movement do I have?

LucianoDS7

Question

23 answers to this question

Actually Ssteel answered both your questions, though rather succinctly.  This will help explain what we refer to as a "21j" movement here.  Our apologies, it's just vernacular.

The best way to use the watch is to wind it a few turns to get it running, then simply wear it.  It will auto-wind with wrist movement.  Some of my watches can take 40 or 50 turns until they're fully wound.  If you give this one 10 to 20, it will be more than enough to get it going and keeping time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SSTEEL said:

21j cheapie

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

Thanks BUT...NO thanks! I expected a more mature and professional answer, especially as I specified that I am a beginner.

So if anyone is serious out there please let me know:

- how to use this movement best so I don't damage it

- is it an asian Eta, what kind?

- how many times should I wind it if it stops?

14 hours ago, LucianoDS7 said:

Thanks BUT...NO thanks! I expected a more mature and professional answer, especially as I specified that I am a beginner.

are you serious???...2 post with the second one insulting a member who answered your question....if you would have bothered to do some reading before you replied in a ass way, you would have known the answers to your questions!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nanuq said:

Actually Ssteel answered both your questions, though rather succinctly.  This will help explain what we refer to as a "21j" movement here.  Our apologies, it's just vernacular.

The best way to use the watch is to wind it a few turns to get it running, then simply wear it.  It will auto-wind with wrist movement.  Some of my watches can take 40 or 50 turns until they're fully wound.  If you give this one 10 to 20, it will be more than enough to get it going and keeping time.

Now that's the way to answer a question. Well done and thank you! Much appreciated!

3 minutes ago, LucianoDS7 said:

Now that's the way to answer a question. Well done and thank you! Much appreciated!

yeah right, .....and you have a professional attitude insulting members like Ssteel who answered your question?

Seems you are too lazy to do some searching of your own as Nanuq found that in seconds.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, capice said:

yeah right, .....and you have a professional attitude insulting members like Ssteel who answered your question?

Seems you are too lazy to do some searching of your own as Nanuq found that in seconds.....

Search what, you dumb-bell? Since there is no text on the movement what should I look for? Should I have dreamed what 21J means? Learn how to speak nicely and without negative words.

Seems you are pretty arrogant....and this is positive??....Thanks BUT...NO thanks! I expected a more mature and professional answer, especially as I specified that I am a beginner.someone helped you out and this is how you thanks him.. .....your attitude needs a lot of work

5 hours ago, capice said:

Seems you are pretty arrogant....and this is positive??....Thanks BUT...NO thanks! I expected a more mature and professional answer, especially as I specified that I am a beginner.someone helped you out and this is how you thanks him.. .....your attitude needs a lot of work

If I am arrogant, you are ignorant and lazy. Just like the other guy Ssteel, who was lazy enough to write just 2 words, as if I can understand EVERYTHING by: 21J Cheapie. This teaches us all an important lesson: one can have expensive watches, and still remain naive (!) Note that down.

It's possible you have a Miyota 82 auto movement, see link below.

https://www.repgeek.com/nembos-corner-watches-/312670-fs-beautiful-audemars-piguet-15400-ss-blue-price.html

Just like the other guy Ssteel, who was lazy enough to write just 2 words, as if I can understand EVERYTHING by: 21J Cheapie.

And by the way, I don't take too kindly being insulted.

Edited by SSTEEL
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SSTEEL said:

It's possible you have a Miyota 82 auto movement, see link below.

https://www.repgeek.com/nembos-corner-watches-/312670-fs-beautiful-audemars-piguet-15400-ss-blue-price.html

And by the way, I don't take too kindly being insulted.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was that supposed to be a Miyota joke? I don't laugh at bad jokes, sorry... And you shouldn't bother answering please, Nanuq has nailed it and answered as a serious watch guy should: in detail and with clear explanations. 

12 hours ago, eshow3907 said:

Gen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is GEN? Short version for: Geeks Explain Nothing?

42 minutes ago, LucianoDS7 said:

Was that supposed to be a Miyota joke? I don't laugh at bad jokes, sorry... And you shouldn't bother answering please, Nanuq has nailed it and answered as a serious watch guy should: in detail and with clear explanations. 

Have you even bothered following the link I took the time to show you?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LucianoDS7 said:

Alrighty.... 

I'm not a mod or anything, but I'm thinking  you're headed for a ban dude... 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2019 at 2:27 PM, LucianoDS7 said:

Ooh, look who's back! I though it was your nap time now at noon, so have a good sleep! Bye bye!

This really isn't the best start in terms of communicating with the members here, we've all been new to the forum and we are always learning. Oh and by the way when your watches need fixing guess who you'll need to fix them. Yep Mr Steel.  Deep breath and lets start again.

• Like 1

Ooh, look who's back! I though it was your nap time now at noon, so have a good sleep! Bye bye!

Luciano ... Wattafucco?

Your mom must have spoiled you and imprinted a hefty does of acquired helplessness in your persona. Why should we waste time on you? You’re not even polite. If youre a beginner, be humble. You act like you own the place, throwing commands around.

Newsflash:
1) You’re not special.
2) Everything won’t be handed to you for free.
3) Acting cocky won’t make you friends.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 7:35 PM, LucianoDS7 said:

Seriously it is a cheap 21 jewel movement, use it as a daily watch or an occasional wear. No it is not an ETA clone. Wind it however you prefer, eventually it will break as do all mechanical things, but it is a very cheap movement to replace. Lastly if you want help on this forum, don’t go out of your way to become unpopular with those far more knowledge than you currently are