When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any good reps of this stunning Daytona?

kgvertu

On 9/26/2019 at 2:41 AM, Tony23 said:

It's about the same size as your sub. c54dfb73439cf35cf8073e349a8fc130.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks Tony. The trusty version looks lovely I must say! Just never ever realised Daytonas were 40mm! Done some more research! 

Found my next watch! Thanks again!

On 9/28/2019 at 10:25 AM, kgvertu said:

Thanks Tony. The trusty version looks lovely I must say! Just never ever realised Daytonas were 40mm! Done some more research! 

Found my next watch! Thanks again!

Its actually a bit more streamlined/non-chunky since it has slimmer and polished lugs than both 16610 and especially 116610...

• 1 month later...

Hello All 

I have  the Rolex 6265 since it was bought in 1977 (or 1976?) ... the pre-daytona without the Daytona in red. I  will have service  in  the following months, but Im adviced against wearing it too  openly. Thus I am  thinking of a replica, so as to  wear it - but not wear it, if  that  makes any sense. 

Im just not sure what replica make to  settle for. Any Daytona-loving audience reply?

Im also adviced against sending it to  Rolex for  service, as I have heard horror stories where they effectively "exchange allegedly worn parts" in order to  get hold of real vintage parts. I  shudder at the thought.

Anyone with such experiences?