When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help to Auto lubricate, grease and oil an ARF Daytona

lillo

I have an ARF Daytona and it is very beautiful The only problem is that it is very noisy I don't have a watchmaker in my town who can lubricate and fatten me

I searched for a tutorial that explains how to do it, to do it myself

Unfortunately I didn't find it Do you know a tutorial that explains it?

Or do you know how to do it and can you tell me? A watch lubricant is easily found, but I don't know exactly where to put it

Edited by lillo

The only part likely to be making a noise is the spinning rotor for winding the watch whilst it's on your wrist. This is on the back of the movement.

Unless this part has a lot of play in it and is contacting the case then it's just the bearings in the centre causing the noise.

These can be lubricated, but...you have the use a very light-weight lubricant which isn't going to reduce the noise the rotor makes significantly. It should be a tiny (minuscule drop on the end of a very fine needle) on just 2 of the bearings in the centre of the rotor.

If you over oil or use a thick lubricant then this will lead to trouble with friction and a build up of dirt on the bearings and eventually stop the rotor from turning efficiently.

Recommended lubricant is Moebius 9010 but this is expensive. Research an alternative.

• Like 2