When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

jimmy240

The is my experience with Toro Bravo. Check out the attached pix for my email correspondence with him. Long story short:

Sept 2018: Bought and received my watch. Movement was weird from Day 1 but I thought it needed to be “broken in”.

Nov 2018: Watch completely stopped. Looking back, it was obvious the watch was drop-shipped without QC.

Dec 2018: Returned the watch for warranty repairs.

Jan – Sept 2019: I asked for repairs status update once a month and was constantly patronized/lied to.

Oct 2019. The watch has spent 9 months “at the repair shop” and still not fixed and I am given a choice of: 1) Have the unfixed/broken watch sent back to me, or 2) Continue to wait for repairs but am told that spare parts are non-existent.

Looks like I am screwed either way. What would you do?

merge_from_ofoct.jpg

Wow, September 2018 and you joined here almost a year later just to tell us, cute

Generally “hello, I’m new to the forum” and such like works better.

Of course you could have taken the matter up with the Mods here in 2018 if you were a member and we would have interceded on your behalf

19 hours ago, Liberacee said:

what movement is it? - I sympathise with the OP this is clearly unacceptable if it’s true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello G, long time no speak.. hope you are doing well :)

That is some really crappy customer service... but you bought a cheap replica watch from a chinese middle-man. We get what you pay for. Honestly I wouldn't imagine sending *anything* back to China for a "repair" would turn out well, let alone sending a watch to a rep dealer. 

I only have two non-franken or specialty replica's... I've overhauled them both, but I've had many that were kinda garbage and I sold them at a significant loss or threw them out. 

Don't join a forum just to complain. Your shitty experience is not unique, but is an accepted risk within our hobby. 

• Like 1