When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Experiences buying Replica Watches from China

loboacan

OTHER OPINIONS AND EXPERIENCES ARE APPRECIATED HERE.

Replica watch sellers  can be divided into two large groups. Trusted Sellers and Unknown Sellers.

If you go with the Unknown Sellers be prepared to lose your money. You may and you may not.

I have bought from two of these types in my pre RWG days. I was lucky in both cases.

If you go with either group be prepared not to get the watch you want. I have had more
choices rejected as OUT of STOCK once the Seller has my money. I then have had to make another choice. In one case I had to have the credit company put pressure on the dealer to get me my refund. Another thing that both groups have in common is the inability to understand English very well. You should also expect to have delay after delay from both groups. This is especially true if you order more than one watch and one or both of them turn out to be OUT of STOCK. So before I order a Replica Watch I always take my tranquilizers-just kidding-in order to be as patient as possible. Things will move at a SNAILS pace.

I’ve experience pretty good success in the past seven years. Only one DOA and the longest wait most recently over a month. Trusty Time is my go to dealer and he has a high success rate of good pieces and fast ship! I just ordered a week ago and my watch is arriving tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trusted Dealers are here because they are vetted and have proven over time to be reliable. 

You are dealing with illegal products and as such should be prepared for an occasional delay when working with the TD’s. They will do this best to provide you with what you have ordered - they are buying from the factories once you have paid them. Their reputation is at stake not yours so it’s in their interest to be fast and efficient. If you are unhappy with their command of the English language you could always learn their language to communicate better with them. 

• Like 2

Unhappy with their command of English therefore I should learn Chinese. Brilliant! I merely stated how it is, not that I was unhappy with it. Good thing you made it an "IF" clause. And I was describing all sellers of Replica Watches, not just TDs. In the case of the non TDs, they don't necessarily have a reputation to lose, but you can lose money. I stated be prepared to take that as a possibility before you buy. It's like parachute jumping. Be prepared that the chute may not open before you jump or get another hobby.

My complaint is not that they are buying from the factory after I pay the TDs, it's that they don't check with the factory before they take the money. Also, they don't keep their database up to date. They post watches that are out of stock. You pay and they then let you know that the watch is "out of stock" and "pick another watch". Not exactly what I consider good businesses practices, but I accept that that is the way it is. If you have sent money via Western Union the refund is even more delayed  and difficult. You may be better off accepting something you may only marginally want. I still buy the watches but take my tranquilizers until the watch arrives. Again only joking about the tranquilizers. Keep in mind that this is not always the case. Most of the time you get what you want and it comes fast enough. It's just nice to know what can and often does happen---the good, the bad and the ugly.

9 hours ago, loboacan said:

Unhappy with their command of English therefore I should learn Chinese. Brilliant! I merely stated how it is, not that I was unhappy with it. Good thing you made it an "IF" clause. And I was describing all sellers of Replica Watches, not just TDs. In the case of the non TDs, they don't necessarily have a reputation to lose, but you can lose money. I stated be prepared to take that as a possibility before you buy. It's like parachute jumping. Be prepared that the chute may not open before you jump or get another hobby.

My complaint is not that they are buying from the factory after I pay the TDs, it's that they don't check with the factory before they take the money. Also, they don't keep their database up to date. They post watches that are out of stock. You pay and they then let you know that the watch is "out of stock" and "pick another watch". Not exactly what I consider good businesses practices, but I accept that that is the way it is. If you have sent money via Western Union the refund is even more delayed  and difficult. You may be better off accepting something you may only marginally want. I still buy the watches but take my tranquilizers until the watch arrives. Again only joking about the tranquilizers. Keep in mind that this is not always the case. Most of the time you get what you want and it comes fast enough. It's just nice to know what can and often does happen---the good, the bad and the ugly.

Whiny lil b... why you here?

If you're too cheap for the game, get out.

Hmmmm, these are illegal products. Personally I’m grateful that I can access them from TD’s whom I’ve built a relationship with over the years. One of the reasons they just say “yes, in stock” before you pay is that they get so many time wasters. They can’t check for everyone or else they’d never get any work done. Ultimately, if you’re unhappy you need to assess if this is the hobby for you. 

My opinion is that there are 3 categories of sellers.   The large, all inclusive sellers like Trusty and Puretime.   Then there are the more boutique-type sellers like Toro and Intime, with a smaller selection available.    In 6 years +, I have narrowed my preferences down to Trusty and Intime, as both have been super to deal with.   Some 30 watches later, I've only had a single DOA.   That came from Trusty and yes, I did send it back fro repairs.   That process was lengthy, but successful.

I ordered a Noob Pepsi from Intime last Friday and DHL is showing scheduled delivery for tomorrow.   7 days from order to delivery, IMO, is terrific.

• 1 month later...

I've ordered from Trusty, JTime, Perfect Clones, Marvellous Replica, and (non-TD) TS-Station this year. Apart from TS, who don't offer to replace the watch(es) if they're seized by customs (this and other reasons accounting for their non-TD status) they all offer a very similar service - you do your research, you enquire about availability, you pay your money, you wait. Sign off (or not) on QC and wait again. Once the watches arrive, if there's any problems, you let the TD know and they offer to sort it if you send it back. Then you fix it yourself or send it to someone you know who will fix it - because only a total fool sends a fake watch back to China. And lastly, the TD will offer you an appropriate discount on the next order ("appropriate" being based on the fact that if you had risked all and sent it back to China, the TD could get it fixed for around 50p). 

Of all my TD orders, I had one that turned out to not have been made since about 2002 (my fault for not doing my research), one that broke down soon after arrival (my fault for choosing a watch with a known flaky movement) and one DOA that I fixed myself by swapping in a new 2813. That's out of 20+ watches received.

• 2 weeks later...

What I find interesting about this topic is the fact that buyers of softgoods obviously have a much higher expectation than those who buy watches.

My customers expect the actual item they chose that looks like the genuine item and on their doorstep within a couple of weeks.

Ken