When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BP wrapped 116613 LB

lillo

I have already posted a post on the Sub 116613 LB problems.

After long studies I decided that the least bad choice is the BP wrapped $ 938.00.

However, this watch appeared a long time ago and a new version, as V2, never appeared on the sites. I have read several reviews on the forums, but they are all from a few years ago

My question is: was the watch valid in the color of the blue dial and in the quality of the ceramic insert and gold numbers, or is it necessary to make changes and additions with aftermarket parts?

From the photos of the site (link) it is not clear if the color is good or not.

https://www.intime05.co/rollie/2686-submariner-bp-116613lb-blue-ss-yg-wrapped-swiss-eta-2836.html

Edited by lillo

The watch in the link looks good but imho you are wasting $$ chasing gold plated/wrapped replicas unless you are very careful when wearing it.

Most of the time the difference between a $900 'wrapped' replica and a $300 plated tutone replica is $600, not the thickness of the plating/wrapping.  It's usually a scam and the gold finish starts wearing off before long and you end up with an ugly watch that shouts Fake!

I know there were 'gold wrapped' (aka gold filled) bracelets a few years ago but I have doubts about it now, it may be heavy gold plating.

If I wanted a tutone submariner, I would go for a 1990s model and buy an ST case, gold bezel, gold and steel bracelet, and finish it off with a swiss ETA and good replica dial.  It will cost a lot to begin with but you will not end up with a 'one and a half tone' $900 watch in a few months. 

Another option is to buy the replica in the link and save up for a steel and gold  bracelet...but there's a catch:

Later model tutone watches have solid gold center links and later style solid mid link aftmkt bracelets are expensive compared to older models with hollow gold center links.  Besides that, I like the older cases with holes in the lugs and sheet metal clasps...they look more like a rugged watch and less like fancy jewelry.

I have been down this road a few times when gold was $300/$400 troz.  With $1500 troz gold, instead of costing $1000 to $1200 for a finished watch, you are looking at $2500+/-.

The last 'heavy center link' SS/14k jubilee bracelet I bought was $338.  Price one now...$945 on ST, 14k/SS oyster is $850, 18k submariner bezel is $485.  ST case + SS/14k bracelet + 18k bezel = $1510.  Add $1000 for clasp, movement, dial, crown etc and you are at $2500.  Still not that bad since you will have solid gold parts that will last a long time.  I can not tell much difference between their 14k and 18k bracelets...the 14k is probably alloyed to look like 18k.

It's something to think about.

Btw, since the ST bracelets are made in Italy, you might ask around and get better prices locally.

16 hours ago, automatico said:

The watch in the link looks good but imho you are wasting $$ chasing gold plated/wrapped replicas unless you are very careful when wearing it.

Most of the time the difference between a $900 'wrapped' replica and a $300 plated tutone replica is $600, not the thickness of the plating/wrapping.  It's usually a scam and the gold finish starts wearing off before long and you end up with an ugly watch that shouts Fake!

I know there were 'gold wrapped' (aka gold filled) bracelets a few years ago but I have doubts about it now, it may be heavy gold plating.

If I wanted a tutone submariner, I would go for a 1990s model and buy an ST case, gold bezel, gold and steel bracelet, and finish it off with a swiss ETA and good replica dial.  It will cost a lot to begin with but you will not end up with a 'one and a half tone' $900 watch in a few months. 

Another option is to buy the replica in the link and save up for a steel and gold  bracelet...but there's a catch:

Later model tutone watches have solid gold center links and later style solid mid link aftmkt bracelets are expensive compared to older models with hollow gold center links.  Besides that, I like the older cases with holes in the lugs and sheet metal clasps...they look more like a rugged watch and less like fancy jewelry.

I have been down this road a few times when gold was $300/$400 troz.  With $1500 troz gold, instead of costing $1000 to $1200 for a finished watch, you are looking at $2500+/-.

The last 'heavy center link' SS/14k jubilee bracelet I bought was $338.  Price one now...$945 on ST, 14k/SS oyster is $850, 18k submariner bezel is $485.  ST case + SS/14k bracelet + 18k bezel = $1510.  Add $1000 for clasp, movement, dial, crown etc and you are at $2500.  Still not that bad since you will have solid gold parts that will last a long time.  I can not tell much difference between their 14k and 18k bracelets...the 14k is probably alloyed to look like 18k.

It's something to think about.

Btw, since the ST bracelets are made in Italy, you might ask around and get better prices locally.

Very interesting, thanks

I searched on the internet for aftermarket no logo gold steel bracelets with real gold even at 14 kt ,but you can find it

a) gen bracelets Rlx, very expensive , enormous prices !

b) plated bracialets,

It is possible to buy a plated rep for $/400 - 500, but the best plated blue sub , according to what I've read in the forums, is the recent ARF.

But it doesn't have the endlink plated on the sides.

The VFR has the endlink plated but a bad gold colour, very Yellow. Ecc....ecc....

I could replace the bracelet of ARF with a correct band, the best is a 14 kt solid gold , but I don't know where to find it.

I could put a strap instead of the bracelet, but it becomes another watch.

I live in Italy, but the jewelries of Valenza Po , one of the 2 famous Italian cities for gold processing and gold artisans and factories ( other is Vicenza) have not a similar bracialets, in stores.

I have an hard head, I really want to have this rep, but it is a problem. I have many doubts………

Edited by lillo