When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watches offered in trade... are my suspicions correct?

swdivad

Yeah those are FAF.

(Fake as feck)

Furthermore, why would anyone trade what is (if real) nearly $20k in watches for a Sinn, no offense but they're typically under $3500 or under $5000 (that's part of their appeal, they're good watches) but why? unless they were asking you for cash in trade as well? Lots of red flags mate. 

Both of those are all wrong. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 508-Fanatic said:

Yeah those are FAF.

(Fake as feck)

Furthermore, why would anyone trade what is (if real) nearly $20k in watches for a Sinn, no offense but they're typically under $3500 or under $5000 (that's part of their appeal, they're good watches) but why? unless they were asking you for cash in trade as well? Lots of red flags mate. 

Both of those are all wrong. 

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thought that went without saying...............

Thanks guys,

I figured that much. the guy wanted to have a go at my watch and some cash his way!

He said trade value is 7-10k, no boxes/papers and it was given to him as a gift!

21 hours ago, Mike on a bike said:

Which Sinn do you have ?

I'm selling my U1000, as I'm going for lighter watches these days

image.thumb.png.2341480121509124e5e0991addb4e674.png

I also have a U1 and EZM9, but they're not for sale:
image.thumb.png.201b041a9db2bf0269ad9cb67ee4002b.png

Yes - your suspicions are indeed correct.

The genuine single red Deepsea Jacques Piccard is an extremely limited edition - only 86 pieces made.

So yeah, anyone wanting to trade one + cash towards a Sinn would not be doing themselves any favours.

Obviously the one here is so fake that it doesn’t even have a single letter in red on the dial.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, thorne said:

Yes - your suspicions are indeed correct.

The genuine single red Deepsea Jacques Piccard is an extremely limited edition - only 86 pieces made.

So yeah, anyone wanting to trade one + cash towards a Sinn would not be doing themselves any favours.

Obviously the one here is so fake that it doesn’t even have a single letter in red on the dial.

After looking into this particular version, it seems all the reps are #18/86... same as this seller's... what a coincidence!

12 hours ago, Mike on a bike said:

Was hoping you had a 856 and yes those a bit big but the rep I had wore pretty comfortable.

Yes, the U1000 is a large watch at almost 133g; the rubber strap and clasp does even out the weight so it doesn't wear top heavy.

My U1 wears about 20g less at 113g, which is OK for me even on an elastic nylon strap:

image.thumb.png.1f606bb7fc9af8e4acb4fd71cbe9a574.png