When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mount an eta 2824 or a Rolex 3135 in an 14000Air King Case

gippone79

Greeting from Italy to everybody at RWG.

My name is Giovanni,Jhonny and write from Venice, Italy

I am new here so i am please to say "nice to meet you" to all the community of RWG 

I  report a message that i have already sent to another user asking for a solution about which movement can be mounted on a Rolex 14000 case

The story is the following:

I permit my self to write because i am drivin crazy lookin to find a a solution.

I have a Rolex Dial and case for a Air King ref 14000 34 mm as a gift from my wife.

So i decide to try to assemble but my question is this.

Originally the Air king  mount a 3130 movement  - no date, 12.5”’ 28.5mm diameter x 5.8mm thick.

Of course, it's impossible for me to find a 3130 movement for many reasons (economical and rarity)

So i think to use 2 way:

1) Mount an eta 2824 - date, 11,5", 25,60mm diameter  x 4,60 mm thick (stem height 1,8mm - gap dial\movement 1,2 mm)

2) Mont a clone 3135 - date, 12.5”’ 28.5mm x 6 mm thick
I know this last solution is not the best honestly but this permit me to not modify the dial feet on dial and to use the orginal hands set.

But the question is this: The 3135 (assuming that what i buy could be identical to the original and the measurements are the same of an original of course) can be mounted in the case or there are problems for fitting the movement in the case? I think to the gap between the dial plate and date part of movement and again to the stem height.

Maybe someone have any experience?

I am really sorry if i permit to ask you but searching in  many forums, some people say that  " yeah, the 2824 and the 3135 stem height will be the same"...other say no due to the the date complication (and honestly  i think this last could be correct).....so i am swimming in my thoughts.

Thank you very much to everybody

Kindest Regards

Jhonny from Italy

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg