When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki not engraved

mymanmatt

I buy these from my supplier in Hong Kong. They come from the factory that yuki uses. They do have serial numbers, but the setting and reverse bridge are not engraved. A gen date wheel fits and operates perfect without any mod. The run good too. 

F05B2D0B-8F7E-4222-BB95-9C55E3106714.jpeg

3810B717-C5E0-4257-8083-D5C1B924A89B.jpeg

Mine has the same date setting wheel. It's a small brass wheel, just like the one in your link. It's exactly the same from the top. The 2 sa that I have have the large stainless wheel. I'll post a pic

This is the wheel I’m talking about. The one on the movement is smaller and brass. I cannot fit the gen date wheel on the  SA without modding it. This one fits perfectly. 

06AFB626-6F10-4639-AE99-1DE143725EB8.jpeg

The top of mine is exactly the same, and I mean exactly, as the one in your link. 100% identical. The plates on the back may be different, but the base plate is the. Same  If i hadn’t already put the watch together I would of course post a picture. And, mine is $150 less than the one in your link. 

The top looks like the second link but the back looks like the first link. SA or yuki is anyone's guess. Lets say mine is an SA instead of yuki. The gen date wheel fits perfectly. They are very clean when I get them. They keep excellent time and the numbers on the machine are excellent. Good amplitude, very low beat error and easy to set the speed. They cost $50-$80 more than the asian 2824-2. The gen dial fits perfectly which means I don't have to cut the feet. Being able to use a gen date wheel makes the build so much cleaner and faster.  If you spend $200-$400 for a dial, it's nice to keep the integrity of the dial. The stem lines up perfectly with the center of the case tube of a 2824-2 case. So lets withdraw the name yuki or SA. It's a really good movement and makes building a datejust much easier. I've had a couple of them out for several months and had no issues . For the price I think it's a better choice, whatever it is.