When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tissot new eta movement, 80 wrist movements gives you 80 hours

Timelord

Stumbled across this whilst doing some research on trying to repair a eta Tissot

https://watch-insider.com/news/tissot-powermatic-80-automatic-caliber-ushering-era-ultra-precise-low-cost-mechanical-movements/

time me will tell how this movement will hold its place in horology history!  Nevertheless very interesting reading!!

Edited by Timelord

The Powermatic 80 has been around a few years now. It's calibre is ETA C07.111. It is a modified ETA 2824.

It beats at 21,000 and is a perfect upgrade for the AP Divers movement as the Gen AP 3120 movement also beats at 21,000. 80 hr power reserve, what's not to like? They are reportedly very accurate too (think COSC spec)

If you keep an eye on eBay, they can be picked up as a complete watch (Tisot) at quite reasonable prices ~£150

Yes they are accurate within COSC as far as I am aware and very affordable too!! COSC mechanism at the price of an ordinary  watch!  I can't complain!  I have never seen any for sale at snatch away prices as consumers are starting to wake upto them!  One does not have to spend big to get big, contrary to the typical marketing scam!  Reason why I treasure my replica as much as a genuine!   

Tissot has in my opinion has always been the quiet achiever, being very under rated and very affordable  which is what one expects from a watch!  I had an excellent divers tissot with a strong super heavy duty case and was a also a great time keeper!  Long gone now but wished I had it still!  

I kept wondering why is a an eta powered TAG or any other similar watch cost umpteen times more than a tissot of the same structure and quality?  Let's not forget that Tissot is a very old traditional brand that was often sold side by side with omega