When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Correct caseback gasket for 116660 DSSD?

kurt_wylde

Hi folks,

I've tried the search function, but had no joy..

Basically, I just need to know what the correct case back gasket (the black rubber one on the fake titanium piece, not the white plastic one) is for my noob v7 DSSD (dimensions or part number.)
I'm looking to do a little modding - I'm planning on fitting a gen ETA 2836-2, fully align the rehaut and try to get it water tight enough for the pool etc.
When I took the back off the watch, you can see it's been 'pinched' when the case back was fitted, so it's got a flat spot.. plus, it's probably about three years old now anyway.

I can find the gasket part number for almost every other Rolex/Sub online, but Google-Fu finds nothing for the DSSD. 

Thanks!

I seen your other posts and have a few however in same condition. They are frail and a pain to put on I can see it getting pinched. My new arf sustained some water from a bad gasket too! I am hoping and waiting for someone to help with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, ceejay said:

Thanks CeeJay, but again.. how am I supposed to know which is correct?

i.e. Do I need thick or thin for instance?

I'd rather not waste fifteen quid on a bag of gaskets if they're not the right ones.. I can't just compare it to the current one as I dont think it was a good fit in the first place.

I can't believe the information for the correct one isn't available anywhere, it's madness! 🤯