When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

[emoji848]new Franken project

Jovi75

Hi guys....

Well i’m wondering what will be my next Franken... and study..

The idea is :

Original movement

And original + gen parts

Original dial

I love :

Patek nautilis 5711

Panerai bronze submersible

Ap Royal oak off shore chrono

Max € for project 3000€.

Suggestion & ideas ?

Bongi

afd666f2ba6d3b4c9cb0a938c62069f6.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

"Well i’m wondering what will be my next Franken...

Patek nautilis 5711

Panerai bronze submersible

Ap Royal oak off shore chrono

Max € for project 3000€."

Older model APRO and Pat Naut used JLC movements and the movements can be found now and then but prices have risen drastically because repairers need them for parts, the movements are not known for being overly durable.

I like APRO replicas with solid case backs and maybe a Miyota 9015 movement...no clonejunk movements.  I am really not much of a Patek fan.

That being said, I always end up with rlx projects because the rlx replica parts supply is relatively endless.  Not so for AP, PP, Pan etc.  Try to find a Naut crystal or crown for example.

Rolex Frankenstein replicas put you in the Frankenstein mainstream.  AP, PP etc Frankenstein replicas put you on the Frankenstein island.  Imho.

Two of my favorite rlx replica projects are the 1016 and 5500/1002 Explorers.  They are easy to put together (no bezel/crystal/CG hassles) and every other guy you see does not have one on.  The 'Explorers' are a bit small for many though.

The last 1002 I bought a few years back cost $650 and I thought it was too much at the time but it had no case corrosion.  A surprise (to me)...I just now looked on eBay and 1002 models are priced $2000 to $3000 and up.  Shazam! 

I remember when they were less than $250 new...but I made only $65 a week back then and had a '57 Chevy Bel-Air to support.   :pimp:  

(The ''57 Chevy...2DHT, canary yellow, black r/p interior, 327/365, Wonderbar radio, factory tinted glass, Muncie M20/Hurst shifter, 370 Posi, American 200S wheels etc.  No rust.  Friend of mine paid $37K for one a few months ago and drove 1700 miles round trip to pick it up.  Shazam! again.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1