When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shipping from US to Australia... best way for a small package

swdivad

Hi Guys...

I bought a Sinn strap for my U1 last month from the US for $99. Had it shipped to my friend to onship ity to me, as they cannot ship directly to AU due to dealer territory restrictions.

My friend shipped it, but it cost a whopping $69 to get it here! Obviously, he chose a more expensive than normal method, and also didn't help that it was a quite large box for the little envelope around the strap!

Anyway, lesson learned to find a better method.

I have a new digital audio player that he's going to ship over here, and wondering what's the best method to ship internationally with tracking from the US to Australia without taking an absolute bath!

Regular parcel post just ask guy/gal at post office cheapest way possible. No tracking just off it goes, I ship watches to UK all the time no problem about 7 days sometimes less! On that strap 99 bucks no need for tracking at 69 not worth it small chance getting lost but you have to get over the tracking thing.

• Like 1

I think we also tend to get used to the low shipping prices we get from China.

I tried shipping from Aus to other countries at one point so I could see first hand the quality of the item but in the end the cost was prohibitive and I had to put my faith in my Chinese sales rep.

Ken

On 12/12/2019 at 12:12 AM, Mike on a bike said:

Regular parcel post just ask guy/gal at post office cheapest way possible. No tracking just off it goes, I ship watches to UK all the time no problem about 7 days sometimes less! On that strap 99 bucks no need for tracking at 69 not worth it small chance getting lost but you have to get over the tracking thing.

Thanks Mike... Just needed a push, I've just tried your method!