When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Letter

Jack_Crowley56

Question

Hello to all.

Ignorantly, (and I say ignorantly because, in all honesty, I had NO idea it was illegal to sell AAA watches on Ebay.  I have even seen stores on Facebook where, as I did, they describe that what people are buying is AAA! I did know the watch was a AAA and wrote it on the descriptin) I put up a fake AAA Rolex watch on Ebay. The auction was shut down and, a week or two ago by Ebay. Tuesday I got an e-mail (and was also sent by letter to my former adress) from Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty, LLP telling me I should send a check for $350 and my watch to them.

I suffer from a panic disorder and got very nervous so I decided to call them and also write back that I was willing to help in anything and also that I had no idea (the truth) that you could not auction AAA watches on Ebay.

My question is if this has happened to anyone else as I know they are a real law firm. Is there anyway, if I had to, that they could not make me pay $350 and just send the watch?  I have until the 17th.

I am lost here...

Thanks

11 answers to this question

Damn should have said nothing take it down disappear for a time on ebay , in writing bad Jack but you are a small fish go silent stone wall them they are not after you but dealers not worth their time. Be strong Puerto Rico should have similar laws to USA so again ignore.

13 minutes ago, Mike on a bike said:

Ignore is the word Jack.

I just sent the money and watch today.  The firm: Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty, LLP is a real firm and if you Google they have sent people to court.  I just wanted peace of mind and you can Google the name, it is a real firm.  I know you all will say I was stupid.

Is this for real?

What is really strange though is that I've seen a TON of listings of submariners where the movement is real but the dial and the case are listed as "replacements" but don't have the right Rolex replacement serial numbers for replacements.  I forget what it is but Rolex did replace some cases if they were not water tight but there is a certain two digits or letters they begin with.  The sellers on Ebay just take a real movement from rolex but use a high quality aftermarket case and sell the submariner.  The seller is being kind of honest saying it's a replacement case and dial but what I'm surprised is that Ebay nor Rolex end the listings.  I think they all go through so you just have to word things correctly.

There was a fraudulent sale of a Doxa Black Lung last week and I raised hell with eBay over it, even for the seller accepting offers outside eBay, a clear violation of the rules.

The result? Crickets. It ultimately “sold” for $4,700

33 minutes ago, Nanuq said:

There was a fraudulent sale of a Doxa Black Lung last week and I raised hell with eBay over it, even for the seller accepting offers outside eBay, a clear violation of the rules.

The result? Crickets. It ultimately “sold” for $4,700

That is crazy!