When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need good advice

Jk1846

Question

I have a few questions? 
who would you choose for a first time buyer like myself? Puretime, JTime, Intime ot someone else?

what is the best up to date model of ladies replica Rolex watches 

what manufacturer has the best up to date yacht master and submariner? 
what move my should I buy that is as close to the gen Rolex? 
which model is going to have the same weight as a gen?

how long will most replicas actually run and work properly? 
I could sure use some good advice I am just trying to make the best informed decision before I pull the trigger 

6 answers to this question

I reckon any lady would be happy with a 36mm DJ

The Yacht range is vast .I suggest you think about what you like , Steel v Gold , Bracelet V Rubber and Size rather than what other people deem to be the perfect YM

I am always mildly suspicious when people are focused on weight of watches,  what are you hoping to achieve with this ?

^^^what he said.  And read the Reviews too.

This hobby is a true hobby for some, and there's no end to the information you can glean from here.  For lots of others, it's a drive-by one time purchase and we never see them again.  Hence our common ridicule for the phrase "who has the best Sub?"

Which, to your credit, you DIDN'T ask!  Well done!  :clap2:  Now get those reading glasses out and get started.  Lots to see here.

4 hours ago, Nanuq said:

^^^what he said.  And read the Reviews too.

This hobby is a true hobby for some, and there's no end to the information you can glean from here.  For lots of others, it's a drive-by one time purchase and we never see them again.  Hence our common ridicule for the phrase "who has the best Sub?"

Which, to your credit, you DIDN'T ask!  Well done!  :clap2:  Now get those reading glasses out and get started.  Lots to see here.

Thank you sir and I apologize if I asked the question in the wrong way, heck I am still trying to learn the language and abbreviations you guys use, I have been reading through a lot of different things on here and a lot of the information has been a big help for sure, I just have a few questions that at this point I haven’t run across the answers yet, I do thank you for taking the time to respond earlier  I do greatly appreciate it sir 

7 hours ago, StormTooper4 said:

I reckon any lady would be happy with a 36mm DJ

The Yacht range is vast .I suggest you think about what you like , Steel v Gold , Bracelet V Rubber and Size rather than what other people deem to be the perfect YM

I am always mildly suspicious when people are focused on weight of watches,  what are you hoping to achieve with this ?

Thank you sir for taking the time to respond I greatly appreciate it, about my weight of the watch question sir I am not trying to achieve anything other than just trying to purchase the best replica I can that will be of the best quality and have the best performance, I would like to ask if you don’t mind what your opinion Is of which manufacturer provided the best rep as far as keeping accurate time and how long do the rep watches run, is the average a year, two years etc, I have been reading through a lot of information here and I just have a few questions I couldn’t at this time find the answers for, I tell ya just trying to decide on what manufacturer to choose along with which “TD” to order from is something I am still up in the air about, heck I am still trying to learn the language and what some of the abbreviations y’all use mean,  I would sure like your input if you wouldn’t mind sharing it with me sir 

6 hours ago, 508-Fanatic said:

Having a good solid read through the forum will answer all those questions for you...

Yes sir I have been reading through as much as I can and the information you guys put on here has really been helpful, I just have a few questions before pulling the trigger on ordering the two rep watches I want have, I do appreciate you taking the time to respond I greatly appreciate it sir 

On 12/24/2019 at 7:26 PM, Jk1846 said:

Thank you sir for taking the time to respond I greatly appreciate it, about my weight of the watch question sir I am not trying to achieve anything other than just trying to purchase the best replica I can that will be of the best quality and have the best performance, I would like to ask if you don’t mind what your opinion Is of which manufacturer provided the best rep as far as keeping accurate time and how long do the rep watches run, is the average a year, two years etc, I have been reading through a lot of information here and I just have a few questions I couldn’t at this time find the answers for, I tell ya just trying to decide on what manufacturer to choose along with which “TD” to order from is something I am still up in the air about, heck I am still trying to learn the language and what some of the abbreviations y’all use mean,  I would sure like your input if you wouldn’t mind sharing it with me sir 

I do not think trusty sets out to sell dud watches they are all pretty good . the AFR Rolex's are very good. I would just go for a midrange.  Again I stipulate . Buy what you like and appeals to you. don't get caught up in the minutia of details that may or may not be accurate. "Buy , Wear , Enjoy Repeat"  its simple . You asked for suggestions I have given you them .   As for longevity I have reps that are 10 years old and still tick along nicely other can last a year or 2 , like anything it depends how you treat them . Get an ETA clone and you'll be fine .  But it appears your need to have the best of the best of the best should steer you towards a genuine watch . I am not sure a replica will ever meet your need for perfection off the shelf .

Welcome to the hobby of rep hunting! ;)

On 12/23/2019 at 6:52 PM, Jk1846 said:

what is the best up to date model of ladies replica Rolex watches 

what manufacturer has the best up to date yacht master and submariner? 

Browsing websites of TDs and researching this board, will answer most basic questions.

People here will gladly answer specific questions when these have not already been answered more than a few times.

what move my should I buy that is as close to the gen Rolex? 
which model is going to have the same weight as a gen?

You will rarely find an off the shelf rep that is 100% accurate.

It's always a comprise somehow. But even then it will still be a joy to wear.  Also remember that most people don't care for watches at all, so a quality rep won't hardly ever be noticed as 'fake'.

who would you choose for a first time buyer like myself? Puretime, JTime, Intime ot someone else?

For now I would read as many reviews on dealers as you can and give it a try. 

When I started 10 years ago I always selected a EU-based TD to avoid custom issues. But recently I bought a nice PAM from Josh, so my fingers are very crossed now, lol.

how long will most replicas actually run and work properly? 

Over the years I bought many reps. Most of them were - some still are - working excellent. Some were DOA or had some flaws.

Note that TDs have to rely on the quality of the batches delivered by the 'factories'. Sometimes a rotten apple slips through the QC.

To anticipate on this, most TD send QC pictures of the ordered watch before sending it out. So always check these pics thoroughly on a large screen.

Reliability in the long term also depends strongly on the design of the movement.

Most 6497 movements (even the Asian clones) are considered work horses. They will still perform after many years untill they need servicing (i.e. cleaning and oiling).

However, some movements are flawed by design. Back in the days (maybe even still now) chrono movements with seconds at 6 were notorious for dying after a few weeks.

Hope this helps. Happy hunting! :)