RWG

@alligoat Well I will see how it looks in person once it arrives, but judging from the pictures the coronet on it is way too small. I'm building the watch for myself, not to impress anyone, and if the crown is wrong it will be annoying me all the time.

Z... "According to automatico's "Crown info" thread it could either be a 24-600-x crown on a 24-60xx tube or a 24-603-x crown on a 24-53xx tube.  Furthermore it is also possible that the case I ordered has a completely different tube spec than any Rolex."

'goat... "The rafflesdials cases come with a crown- why not just use that crown?"

Imho, if the crown looks pretty good, I would follow the 'goat's advice and use it for now.  When the crown or case tube threads go bad...install better parts.  Take note of the case tube and crown types and be on the lookout for a good deal in a used genuine crown meanwhile.  In my experience, aftmkt case tubes from reputable dealers are fine...Clark etc.  You might buy an extra tube so you will have one if you need it later on.

Most of my no lug hole replica DJ type cases came with 5.3mm case tubes and 603 type crowns...not all but most.

[mention=2081]watcher[/mention] According to automatico's "Crown info" thread it could either be a 24-600-x crown on a 24-60xx tube or a 24-603-x crown on a 24-53xx tube. Furthermore it is also possible that the case I ordered has a completely different tube spec than any Rolex.

Sorry I meant 24-603. See how it is upon arrival. I forget what my case came with as it was 4 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@automatico @watcher I just checked rafflesdials' website. The 6 mm crowns he is selling separately come with a 5.3 mm tube (2.4 mm inner / 4.0 mm outer thread width according to specs). Therefore I assume that this will also hold true for the case sets he has on offer. I will keep you updated on that.

Meanwhile I received an offer I could not refuse for a gen crown (very scuffed up though). Unfortunately the seller could not tell me which tube it was meant for, so fingers crossed it fits.