When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Up date on Cartel 93150 Bracelet

denimhead

While busy at work 😀 I decided to follow up on a post i saw a while ago on one of the other forums. The general opinion on the Cartel 93150 bracelet was that the connecting endlinks were not right and should be the classic figure of 8 shape. It also has the round top 3's which we now know were made by Rolex for a short period around 1995.

It now appears that the connecting links on the Cartel 93150 are in fact based on a much later Gen 93150 as seen for sale on Chrono24.com. Please see pics attached....

So in conclusion,  If you have the patience (I'm currently attempting it) you can replace the connecting links with some from numerous aftermarket bracelets with the correct figure of 8 links(Ebay rivet ones) And replace the fliplock clasp with one dating from 1995 you will have a very nice correctly spec 93150.

The round 3's are sadly only relivant to around 1995, and the later V shaped links only feature on the much later 93150 bracelets.

Hope that may help with any future builds. 

Cheers DH

20200110_132846.jpg

20200110_133103.jpg

20200110_133112.jpg

Yeah the "wedge" shaped connector is supposed to give a better fit on the 501B endlink, vs. the round that was made for the 580.

I found the Chrono24 listing at the top of your post - yikes $2008!  Do you have the link for the other one, at the bottom of your post?  Thanks!

Interesting, didnt know that the cartel bracelet had the correct markings, I was sure that the only 93150 out there was the MBW bracelet...

MBW had never correct markings, also the last links where solid as the whole bracelet

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tribal said:

MBW had never correct markings, also the last links where solid as the whole bracelet emoji107.png

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

You are correct about the markings, too much space between the numbers, it does say 93150 :) Here is mbw compared to my gen on top. And yes the last link is solid but not the whole bracelet though. 

IMG_0085.jpg

21 minutes ago, Champagnesky said:

Btw I was in touch with raffles about creating correct connecting links for Mary’s 7836

HOT DOG!!!!!  Please let us know if you persuade him to do this, I'd order a bunch of those!

You are correct about the markings, too much space between the numbers, it does say 93150  Here is mbw compared to my gen on top. And yes the last link is solid but not the whole bracelet though. IMG_0085.thumb.jpg.f87216c19cc16f78bd19f86794472342.jpg 

Than this is not MBW, maybe later MBK ones. All my MBW Bracelets where solid tough!This one where acceptable and better than the solid ones.By the way I bought some gen Bracelet Parts for a project. ;)

aa02b68c525072f01f448ea49cbf6160.jpg

On 1/13/2020 at 4:51 PM, Dan71 said:

@denimhead please I can’t understand which connector I have to search on ebay ?

“ Ebay rivet “do you have a link on ebay ?

@Mr Seamaster please where do you found this connector ?
bf707e823b6b41c3dcfec8054b956edf.jpg

Here you go, correct 8 shape connecting links. You should be able to remove the last rivet to dissemble it to get the connector. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20MM-OLD-STYLE-SOLID-STEEL-RIVET-OYSTER-BAND-BRACELET-FOR-36MM-EXPLORER-WATCH/352937772375?hash=item522cbb0557:g:Bo0AAOSwIJdbgyq7

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, I’m pretty deep into a 1665 double red franken, I have a gen clasp already, but I’m looking for a 93150 with either 580 or 585 end links.

Can you gentlemen recommend how to source this bracelet?

I just spent $380 buying a 93150 rep from MQ but it’s really shocking quality, I’ve asked to return it.

Hey guys, I’m pretty deep into a 1665 double red franken, I have a gen clasp already, but I’m looking for a 93150 with either 580 or 585 end links.

Can you gentlemen recommend how to source this bracelet?

I just spent $380 buying a 93150 rep from MQ but it’s really shocking quality, I’ve asked to return it.

Well best is to stick to the TDs here and ask them. Or get a JKF sub with 21j movement, take the bracelet off and sell the rest.

Might share a few pics of MQ‘s 93150? That would be great!
  • Like 1

@Pombok

Holy mother.. sorry to say but that bracelet is crap.
Wondering how MQ dares to ask a $300 and more.

I really hope you can send it back and get a refund.

Nanuq‘s idea is great too. I‘m in the process of doing the same to have a affordadble 9315.
As said, for a 93150 i‘d stick to a Castel/JKF one. They are pretty good for the € and do what they should.