When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTB PAM 187 With 7753 Mvmt

JollyRoger1

Hey come on guys just because I'm the FNG (F'ing New Guy) doesn't mean you guys gotta gang up on me.  I got frustrated asking for a link and not getting one and trying to find it on my phone and not being able to. The watch I want goes quick. Plus I've recently had someone on ebay yank my chain (3 different people in 3 different countries) by dickin' me around with a fake purchase. I got paranoid that it was happening again here. Nevertheless I apologized in a PM to Macarone for getting short with him. I am at fault. Look guys, I may be a "newbie" to this forum but I am not to watches and Reps. I am also not some kid in mom's basement. I bought my first watch, a Casio digital multifunction, in 1983 while I was a senior in high school that was waterproof so I could wear it while surfing. I later lost it surfing Hurricane Alisha in 1983 2 days before landfall on a 18 foot wave at the Surfside Jetties on the Texas Gulf Coast. I've bought and sold several watches since. Over the last 7 years I have got into collecting Reps and have bought over 20 which I have bought and sold. Currently I own 7 reps and 5 microbrands....two of which are a bronze Memphis Belle Heritage Predator hand wound and an Aquadive Bathyscaphe 300 auto. Just recently scored a unicorn with my aquisition of a V2 Ploppy. So while I may not be a huge collector, I am a serious one. I suggest instead of getting all giddy at the opportunity to rag on the FNG in the public forum, how about we try and make friends, eh?

See it’s this kind of content that helps you get the ONE’s you post WTB’s for! Sure this place is a diversely huge community and not knowing what you stand for in this hobby well you see where it went. Tip: just keep refreshing app via tapatalk it’s the best way to stay connected during daily grind and off beat hours help remember we trade on different time zones so you never know when that one will post on the the other side. Hang in there it will work out in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey come on guys just because I'm the FNG (F'ing New Guy) doesn't mean you guys gotta gang up on me.  I got frustrated asking for a link and not getting one and trying to find it on my phone and not being able to. The watch I want goes quick. Plus I've recently had someone on ebay yank my chain (3 different people in 3 different countries) by dickin' me around with a fake purchase. I got paranoid that it was happening again here. Nevertheless I apologized in a PM to Macarone for getting short with him. I am at fault. Look guys, I may be a "newbie" to this forum but I am not to watches and Reps. I am also not some kid in mom's basement. I bought my first watch, a Casio digital multifunction, in 1983 while I was a senior in high school that was waterproof so I could wear it while surfing. I later lost it surfing Hurricane Alisha in 1983 2 days before landfall on a 18 foot wave at the Surfside Jetties on the Texas Gulf Coast. I've bought and sold several watches since. Over the last 7 years I have got into collecting Reps and have bought over 20 which I have bought and sold. Currently I own 7 reps and 5 microbrands....two of which are a bronze Memphis Belle Heritage Predator hand wound and an Aquadive Bathyscaphe 300 auto. Just recently scored a unicorn with my aquisition of a V2 Ploppy. So while I may not be a huge collector, I am a serious one. I suggest instead of getting all giddy at the opportunity to rag on the FNG in the public forum, how about we try and make friends, eh?

Nobody is picking on you jollyroger1. Let’s look at the simple facts.

1. You called out macarone for hazing you when he wasn’t. If the accusation was made in public instead of PMs, then your apology should be made in the same way.

2. Being new or otherwise does not excuse anyone from common human decency. Learn to say thank you when help is given. Gratitude goes a lot further than whining, anywhere in the world.

3. Thank you for sharing your story. I think that I agree with macarone that it’s the kind of post which lets others understand and interact with you better. Welcome!

4. Panerai153 and I are moderators here as we pointed out. We like to see new member participation and we are not here to pick on the new guys, it is simply contrary to what we do around here.

5. Rest assured that we will do what we can for you, but please treat the members here with courtesy too. I can assure you again that most members you find here are decent folks and guys we know well. I can defend macarone simply because he has a known history here and we value his contributions, and not because you’re newer than him.

Stick around, and interact with the community. You come across as a guy with a story just like the rest of us and we do welcome you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Well guys, I’ve been following this since the beginning. I let the WTB ad in the wrong place ride, because we really aren’t monsters here. I saw my brother @Legend had matters in hand and said nothing.

It takes a big man to apologise and we all respect that kind of behaviour around here, as Legend says, perhaps a simple apology in thread would be a good idea, nobody expects you to grovel, just man up and move on. 

Hazing and flaming new guys is very common on the internet, I’ve never really understood it. We were all new once and when I first came here, although I had been buying reps and genuine watches for nearly two decades, I was very green. I have learnt so much in my time here, the depth of our members knowledge and willingness to share is mind blowing. I’m still learning and far from the most knowledgeable member. It is said that the average life of a hobby is five years. People come and go, although some of us have been around a very long time. We are a small forum and pride ourselves on being gentlemanly, and we are well aware we need new members and for them to get involved

You got off to a bit of a wobbly start, I could name some very well respected members here who had a bit of a rough start, we don’t accept bad manners, but we don’t hold grudges. This is not a criticism of you, just the nature of the internet, but consider how you would behave in person. You walked into our clubhouse and without any introduction or preamble demanded we drop what we were doing and join your conversation. I get the impression that is not the guy you really are and would never do that in real life. So pour yourself a drink, kick back, read and join in a few threads and you will quickly not only be accepted and welcome, but you will find you make very real and life long friends

Welcome to our community 

• Like 1

Thank you for your well written post Sogeha. Yes I am ready to move on. I will try to post stuff as much as I can. I am self employed as an employee benefits consultant and life and health insurance broker with 32 years experience. That keeps me busy a lot. Thank you all for having me in your forum. Perhaps if anyone in here has an issue with their medical insurance or needs advise I can help. Send me a message if you do. I don't charge for advice. ☺️

• Like 1