When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Scandalous scandal - Horology House

swdivad

Is anyone following the scandal blowing up over on TRF?

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=722353

Short of the very long (30 pages in 2 days):

Admin of AWBSS (Australia Watch Buy, Swap, Sell) facebook forum gets bagged by a buyer scamming him out of 29k for a rep Daytona (the buyer finally got a refund while the scammer backpeddled to try to save his reputation)

This is the guy on YT (67k+ subscribers), where he reviews mainly Rolex watches, and also has posted a video pointing out the difference between Gen & Rep submariners:

Dude must be shitting his pants... well deserved, I say!

Here's the Cliff Notes pasted from TRF:

Full Cliffs From My Perspective Of It All:
-Please Note, I will of missed a couple things but this will be the best of my recollection of events/post's ive seen/read inregards to this matter.
-This post is purely my opinion/interpretation of events, not an attack on anybody

-Happy to be corrected if i have gone wrong anywhere, Reminder just recollection of what i've read.

-Seller does deal on Daytona $29k
-Buyer pays him
-Seller uses 'Toll' couriers
-Seller give's buyer Tracking ID
-Buyer check's tracking ID, doesn't exist
-Seller rings around, turns out it's not on the system or something
-Seller claims he has dashcam footage of him there etc
-Buyer at the time believes him in good faith & his well known reputation
-At this point Courier/Seller assume it's lost
-Seller say's he will contact 'Parcel Pro' to ask about the shipment
(Parcel Pro is a luxury item's insurer)
(Note: ParcelPro don't work with 'Toll Couriers' which was stated the courier of use)
-Buyer is patient as heck, this drag's out for 2-3months or so
-Buyer requests to have money returned
-Seller insists, just give me abit i can source you another
-Seller then claims he has another Daytona he can supply from his watchvault
-Buyer again ask's for refund so this can just be finalised and finished
-Seller insists please let me make this right or something if i recall properly
-Buyer then agree's to it, thinking maybe it was just bad luck
-More mucking around/delays
-Excuses for delays was he had to fly and help his family in the tragic bushfires that made headlines
-Buyer is sympathetic towards Seller, was very nice/courteous/sorry about the whole ordeal
-Fast forward, Finally delivery day comes
-Watch looked dodgy, Found to be FAKE (Refer to OP Posts for Pics)
-Buyer then tells Seller it's fake, wants money back
-Seller agree's for the refund after being threatened of legal/police action etc
-Seller insists on sending a decent chunk first, then paying the rest after arrival of his fake piece
-Buyer then get's his money back after what was 3+months?

-This thread get's made
-Several people start stepping up and speaking out about bad experiences/dodgy run-in's
-One of the other people who got tricked
-Show's us proof of chat he had with Chris showing the same excuse
(Excuse was something like this was his parent's house from the bushfire)

Picture's: (From another person who dealt with the same seller)
8ENv9x0.jpg

Reverse Image Search:
HmKes2L.jpg

Original Image:
RNeoB6D.jpg

Watches that've been mentioned in all this from my understand: Daytona, Rolex GMT, Blue Sky-Dweller, Silver Snoopy, Platinum DJ etc.

I don't know the full story of the other case's, there's several post's about it for those who want to have a look.

-Ever since being posted about, he has Deleted Facebook Account, Business Page, Apparently YouTube page is hidden or something, Instagram has gone private and blocking people commenting stuff.

-Also worth noting this post was made prior to the Daytona buyer receiving funds:
PAmUKvX.jpg

Reference to chatlog's where seller mentions using "Parcel Pro"
8rOo7v2.jpg
TPnFqbA.jpg

Parcel Pro Website:
No Toll Selection??
X95YaVG.jpg

Here's a screenshot of someone else coming forward, Don't think they wanted to be shown publicly
-This was posted earlier in the thread somewhere-
-NOT my conversation-
Xmso1iT.jpg

Link to post from user: Louey001 (Who also has a story with the same seller)
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...5#post10335635

Link to post from user: Hzahh (Who also has a story with the same seller)
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...0#post10337930

-Please Note: This is intended to only inform other's, it's a summary of thing's discussed already by others and is purely my opinion only and interpretation of events and therefore may have information missing, anything incorrect happy to be corrected & this is not to intended to be defamatory in any means more just to help other's on the basis they could have illegitimate item's if they've had dealings with this same person/seller in question as this person seems to have a large following & sale history-

I’ve seen it on a few of the gen forums. Seems a real scumbag. I hope he gets his just deserts. Whilst they may not agree with reps, we (well most of us!) don’t try and scam people for thousands! 

Sounds like a guy on TRF and VRF a few years ago. Steve Mulholland. He sold a lot of watches over the years, then got into financial trouble and scammed a bunch of folks out of a whole lot of money. Not a rep scam, but a scam right along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, username here said:

Maybe- before whatever went down- I bought my gen red sub from Steve in the early 2000"s. Later- I bought a NOS 93150 from him- and the deal was perfect. I was shocked when I read all that happened.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

You are right, I bought a few things from him and he replaced the incorrect hands on a Tudor Snowflake w/ the correct hands. It wasn't very long after that that he got into trouble. I was surprised as well, like I'm sure the folks over on Australia felt when this guy that everyone thought was a straight shooter turned out to be a scammer. I believe that this fellow and Steve M had something in common, they both got into financial trouble and tried to scam their way out of it.

• 2 weeks later...