When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"Black Hole" GEN GMT-Master Ceramic crystal PN

Ronin

Anyone have the correct part number for the crystal on GMT 111670->Current that features the correct AR on the cyclops?  The rep crystals still do not quite 'black hole' the date, but rather 'blue tint AR' it.

Some years ago Freddy333 was the first to do this mod.  I tried searching for that post unsuccessfully. 

Also it look like Clarks is selling an AR version.  Anyone know if it has the correct clear AR or blue AR? and again Part#? 

Thanks!

After poking around the internet, it seems the Ceramic's use the same 25-295 XXX crystals... ~perhaps.  This would mean that a crystal from a pre-ceramic 16710 would fit a 116710. Hmmmmm.  The difference being the AR.  I am noticing suffix of "C" "AR" C1 C2 etc.

Anyone know "a guy" that can confirm that. 

In many ways it makes sense.  I can't see Rolex re-tooling for a Crystal change.  Other then the outer case dimensions changing and Bezel, it makes sense that a lot of parts like crystals and even dial sizes would go unchanged throughout the decades.

• 4 months later...

Bump on achieving the the perfect Black Hole effect? Is there an off the shelf AR coating regular people can purchase.  Since we are only talking about the underside of the cyclops seems like it would be easy to DIY?