When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Doxa Black Lung FS

Nanuq

Read this and WEEP!! US Divers catalog from 1971
Look at those Prices! Take note of the Black dial watch n the center the one with the “ No Radiations” symbol. That folks is a Blancpain AquaLung . Retail price 95.00 $
No Black Lungs here as they were from around 1967 but I would bet they were actually a few dollars cheaper.
87b21b6f34075ae0d8059369f8fabe4a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Too much Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt, too few originals around to inflate the prices like this?

Fortunately, in this case, there is a "next to best" - and it is an original too: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/doxa-sub-300-aqua-lung-edition-introducing

Edited by Nightwatch

You all do know that the Black Lung along with a few others are being sold by Mr. Doxa himself Rick Marai. Rick recently stepped down as the head of Doxa SA. Since Doxa is a privately held company owned by the Jenny family,there is no information as to why there was a management change. Rick was responsible for resurrecting the Doxa dive watches. Which while having great success in the late 1960’s,1970’s and early 1980’s, by the late 1980’s had ceased production. Under Rick’s leadership the modern Sub 300t was introduced in 2001 and the rest is history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More like the buyer backed out I think. The winning bidder only had 6 confirmed eBay transactions. I put in my big bid again and right away it’s back up to $10k on the ‘bay

And now there's a plain-jane SUB300T with 46 bids, up to $6,500   :shock:

Hmmmmmmm, there's another one just like it listed for $5,000 Buy It Now.  That doesn't add up.  Somebody has his thumb on the scale!

• 1 month later...

Okay gents, everybody BE CAREFUL and DO NOT BID on that Black Lung on the 'Bay right now.

The photos are exactly the same as the one that just sold for $12,000 and they're only accepting bids from outside eBay.  They state the Buy It Now price is $3,500 and that's utter insanity.  I offered $4,000 and they ignored me.

This is a rip-off.  Don't fall for it.      :nono:

Just scanning thru EBay, sure seems like a good quality of high end Doxas, dials, bezels etc on EBay right now. Be very cautious, especially with parts. Bezels had very subtle design changes over the years. From the top, they all look identical, but from the bottom you can see the changes. Also beware of dials that have been “enhanced” with the Aqualung logo as well as the yellow dial Divemasters with the Poseidon logo
added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1