When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken 228239 daydate blue dail?

jorrie

Hi everyone 

I’m interested In a daydate 228239

fluted bezel blue dail and wondered if this watch can be build Franken?

Would it be possible to build this watch? Maybe @mymanmatt can you build this Franken or do you still only build the datejust watches? Bought mine 5 years ago it has been a bless to wear it everyday such a classic Beauty.

Since the selling price of this watch is 30k I was wondering if one could get the same look and feel without the hearty price  as a Franken. 

the watch link to Rolex site is:

https://m.rolex.com/watches/configure.html#/day-date/m228239-0046/dial

it is in white gold

I believe this is the 2019 model with the upgraded wrist band?

i do bought a noob gold Rolex replica just for fun 2 years ago its a datejust2 very nice but the fake gold and incorrect older style bracelet on that one makes me not wearing it it is just too fake although a nice watch.

96950EA6-555A-4ED0-A8EC-604A8FFF128D.png

You're not going to be able to build this watch franken- won't be able to get the parts- Matt can't get them either.

Just go with one from Andrew

https://www.trustytime.org/watch-brands/rolex/daydate-40mm/rdd0200h-daydate-40mm-ss-ss-blue-roman-flut-bp-a2836-mod3255.html

It will be a whole lot easier!

Thank you for the reply alligator,

how exact is this replica to the genuine ones? It looks decent although it won’t be Whitehorse but metal which could be a giveaway that it’s “ replica.

Also a concern is this watch shipped from China due to the corona virus. One could potential buy a watch that contains the virus this is possible right?

What happens if customs intercept the package?

Edited by jorrie

This watch is a BP- they make some of the best rep DDs and DJs. No one will be able to tell that it's SS and not WG, but the weight is a giveaway- SS is much lighter that WG.

The corona virus can't survive crossing the Pacific so don't worry about that.

The big question is can you pull off wearing a rep of a $30K watch?  

Im not sure if I can pull it off haha that's a really good question ;p.

Its hard to compare but it -seems- the blue dail is also a bit of a giveaway in this replica, the "brushed" look is more flat on the replica (ofcourse) 

Therefore perhaps its better to choose a white dail instead.

Im a bit confused on the numbers listed on the site, it lists  228206 while the one posted by me has ID 228239

For example this one: https://www.trustytime.org/watch-brands/rolex/daydate-40mm/rdd0194a-daydate-228206-ss-ss-white-roman-bp-swiss-2836.html

Lists the ID as RDD0194A - DayDate 228206 SS/SS White Roman BP Swiss 2836

If searched those IDS I get totally different watches ( without fluted bezels) for example on chrono24.

Its a 228206 replica and not a 228239 replicate? 

Sorry for the newbie question 

Yes, the numbers are incorrect. You are right, the 0 means a smooth bezel and 6 is Platinum, I believe. But there's no point in worrying about China getting the numbers wrong. I don't see a problem with the blue dial either but the Rolex picture is a computer pic so it's not very good- but I don't see it as being a brushed dial.

Maybe you would be better off with a white dial or a silver one. But the biggest trap you're falling into is expecting a rep to be a perfect copy- it ain't ever going to happen.

I’m ordering the silver dail fake diamond not sure how well it looks in reallife. 

After comparing the pictures the Rolex logo on the dail seems a little off.

investigating if I could perhaps replace the dail with a gen one, a non diamonds silver Roman one. 

Does anyone know or sell gen fails for daydate 40mm and know if it will fit inside this rep? The bps I seen on reddit look al very close I guess with a gen dail you have the near perfect Franken. Except some small font issues perhaps but perhaps the month wheel can also be replaced with a gen month wheel?

kind regards

https://www.trustytime.org/rdd0206c-daydate-228206-flt-ss-ss-silv-wht-diam-bp-swiss-2836.html

This one. what do you experts think of it?

396C199A-0531-4A50-8B47-89928A205ACA.jpeg

2A194259-E80D-4C6C-A72E-A7FBA9154CA6.jpeg

9C7CC946-5320-430D-8EE3-137FFEFB99F5.jpeg.a3c3d59915e8705b4e811795165327aa.jpeg

https://www.trustytime.org/rdd0206c-daydate-228206-flt-ss-ss-silv-wht-diam-bp-swiss-2836.html

This one. what do you experts think of it?

The gen:

https://www.xupes.com/nl/nl/watches/product-details/22995/rolex/day-date-40-diamond-dial-18k-white-gold-228239.html

1EE6F67A-E156-4179-9B06-202595B38A2C.jpeg

32F3C7C3-EB74-4D7A-89B7-2250BE415811.jpeg

8A2B85C9-F3ED-42F0-BCAC-C0EF98832FBF.thumb.jpeg.bc31de214d501226b946b1fe50e68e4e.jpeg
205B9A3C-1B76-4BD0-A3FC-9B4CDA2EB73C.thumb.jpeg.a3acb47a8865a2770f8441dfb49512e1.jpeg

Edited by jorrie

Any thoughts on this rep?

It seems bp is the closest you can get.

daydate gen parts seems hard to source right?

Did some searches for daydate 40 gen dails found mostly vintage on eBay. Seems most dails are for vintage watches.

Was tinkering to perhaps replace the dail if possible at all. If I could source a nice gen dail that would fit this watch. Guess I would need to measure it since the ref on the trustytime website is not correct with the gen refs. Just an idea though.

As a “newbie” I would say the bracelet is near identical and if closed you could not easily see the difference(?) the clasp is less quality but not visible on closure.

It seems the casing is also very gen like the last years the machinery in fake factory’s seems to have increased. 

The rep dail cannot get close to the gen the Rolex crown seems more flat and the ink on the dail not as good.

How do you guys think the date and day wheels hold up? Would they be a good enough and worth replacing with gen?

Thinking about perhaps replacing some most obvious rep parts with gen parts any thoughts worth it?

- the dail

- the crown

- Day and date indicators

Edited by jorrie