When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The end of Bergies

KB

It is with great sadness that I must announce the demise of Bergies soft goods.

As some will know I have been a constant dealer in the best quality soft goods for the past 13 years making me not only the longest running soft goods dealer on these forums but also on the internet itself.

Sadly a couple of months ago during a routine message to my sales rep (Cathy) I received a reply on her phone from a friend or family member stating she was in ICU after a traffic accident.

Cathy left her original employer to work solely for me 13 years ago and grew to be such an important part of the business that she was really a partner more than an employee and at the time of this incidence there was no outstanding orders or money owing so there is no doubt something bad had happened.

I have numerous ways of contacting Cathy including phone, skype and her actual home address and have spent the last couple of months trying to find out how she is, unfortunately I have now come to the conclusion that she didn't make it.

Cathy and I have seen many life issues over the past 13 years including the birth of her 2 children and the time I set up a 3 way chat with a doctor from this forum and saved one of her babies after he became very sick from tainted baby formula.

The fact that this has happened, in all likelihood, during the pursuit of our business activities weighs heavy on my heart and I have neither the inclination nor the belief that Cathy can ever be replaced so this is the end of the road.

Thank you for your years of clientele

Ken 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That’s so sad to hear Ken, my sympathy goes out to her friends and family and to you of course. Hopefully you’re wrong but it sounds unlikely. Sorry to hear the business is closing, my wife will be sad too but my pocket not so much! Take care and thanks for the years of hard work 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...