When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Enquiry on Gen Cal 4130 movement building

Jonathaneng

I have very little knowledge base in this so take me with a grain of salt, but based on the following facts:

-the only Chinese-cloned Rlx movement is the 3135

-Rlx no longer sells parts to anyone

...and my speculation that the 4130, being a significant development of their in-house models, can't be created through retrofitting a 3135, I would guess that there isn't a chance in the world of making one.

40 minutes ago, Serafino said:

I have very little knowledge base in this so take me with a grain of salt, but based on the following facts:

-the only Chinese-cloned Rlx movement is the 3135

-Rlx no longer sells parts to anyone

...and my speculation that the 4130, being a significant development of their in-house models, can't be created through retrofitting a 3135, I would guess that there isn't a chance in the world of making one.

Not true. The chinese offers the clone 4130 movement now, and it is likely the best thing to happen to the hobby in the past decade. It is surprisingly reliable and precise after a proper service.

You can also buy gen 4130 movement parts relatively easily. 

Total cost, depending on how many gen parts you intend to put in it, will be between $800-4500. You do not need a 100% gen 4130 cal. But for the parts that matter, $2000 will be sufficient to purchase all the parts and do the build.

2 minutes ago, Serafino said:

Thank you for this useful lesson in not speculating.  🙃

What matters isn't who is right or wrong in the matter actually, but rather, we can collectively learn about the progress in this hobby. This is an example of the Noob daytona with the clone 4130 movement. 

https://puretimewatch.io/featured-products/daytona-116509-ss-noob-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-silver-dial-sa4130-v3.html

I am impressed with the evolution of the movements used in this hobby. This is, like I said, one of the best, if not the best thing to happen to the hobby in many years.

3 minutes ago, Jonathaneng said:

@Serafino Thank you for sharing your advice.

@Legend Thank you for providing the education. However we can build the Cal 4130 within a budget first then in future slowly change those cloned parts to Gen parts is it possible?

Thank you so much

Best Regards

Jonathan

Not feasible in terms of cost. Each time the movement has to be dismantled to fit on and align the gen parts, labour cost will be incurred, and the watch movement may need to be recalibrated/serviced/regulated to keep its running form. 

It is better to do it all in one go.