When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

[Need advice] Steinhart Ocean One GMT 39 vs Tudor Black Bay 58 ZF v2

shioneko

Hello RWG, I'm new about this replica thing, and i have this thing bugging me and i can't quite decide it myself.
I'm using an used Steinhart Ocean One GMT 39 Pepsi date 2018, i got it because it's feel good on the hand, but i'm not really into this type color of Pepsi- not because it's bad but because there are more better options ( Like The Tudor GMT kind of Pepsi).
Thing is, I can't find mod part for the Steinhart anywhere. Steinhart used to sell them but they stopped it, i emailed them and that won't work also. So if i keep it, i kind of have to live with it.
On the other hand, the Black Bay 58 is my most favorite diver watch. I'm looking into the ZF v2 Version. But compare to the Steinhart, How reliable is the ZF BB58 for daily driver? I'm willing to service the movement, but im not sure about the water resistance. Its doesnt have to go 300m or something, 100m or 50m is good for me.
I'm kind of 1 watch only kind of person, so my question is, should i sell the Steinhart and get the Rep BB58?
Thank alot.

Reps can be very reliable if serviced. Generally they can be waterproofed too if you use a good watchsmith. If you really want the Tudor then go for it, just be prepared to spend a bit more on servicing etc. 

• Like 1