When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing outer plastic ring on eta 2834-2?

Timelord

Greetings fellow enthusiasts,

this may sound somewhat embarrassing, but my day date replica seems to have am issue where I am required to remove the outer ring around the eta 2834-2, but I can't seem to see how!  Am I missing it or am I going backwards with this whole watch skills in my old age:confused:  

Any hints would be greatly appreciated with thanks:notworthy:

They are normally just plastic pegs in the ring that press into holes in the movement mainplate. Friction fit.

I have come across fairly tight ones.

Just a case of a small screw driver in between the plate and ring and gradually work around the pegs prising them apart. 

If you get stuck, a couple of pictures will help us along...

On 7 March 2020 at 6:27 PM, ceejay said:

They are normally just plastic pegs in the ring that press into holes in the movement mainplate. Friction fit.

I have come across fairly tight ones.

Just a case of a small screw driver in between the plate and ring and gradually work around the pegs prising them apart. 

If you get stuck, a couple of pictures will help us along...

Thanks!!   I had a feeling it had something to do with  a friction fit!  I find this one to be tight & feel like breaking it off to avoid slipping with the screw driver and hitting the balance wheel or something expensive to replace .  These plastic pieces are quite cheap to replace from ebay!  

I just noticed from vision  that they can be a good substitue to a dial spacer of a 2836-2 and at the same time a movement ring if one wants to use in a sub case after removing day wheel !!