When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Corona Virus Crisis

Nanuq
Message added by Mike on a bike

Good news!

News from the front, another day in the trenches in NY state fighting the good fight. I can not even begin to describe the fearlessness of these young kids ( did you have that in early to mid 20s) Nurses, care partners (nurse helpers so to speak), xray techs, phlebotomist, if I missed any body sorry. Let me high lite maybe the most selfless of all our house keeping staff going in cleaning up room w/ certain COVID-19 all over, paid little all heart and balls are they. Let me also inform you that restaurants, pizza places are all sending use food unasked donated and the spread made by one one of our local churches members today was magnificent covering an entire 20 foot conference table with great homemade everything! ( I need that recipe for potato salad best I ever had)

These times can bring out one of two things, today I saw the best in us..............humbled am I.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mike on a bike said:

News from the front, another day in the trenches in NY state fighting the good fight. I can not even begin to describe the fearlessness of these young kids ( did you have that in early to mid 20s) Nurses, care partners (nurse helpers so to speak), xray techs, phlebotomist, if I missed any body sorry. Let me high lite maybe the most selfless of all our house keeping staff going in cleaning up room w/ certain COVID-19 all over, paid little all heart and balls are they. Let me also inform you that restaurants, pizza places are all sending use food unasked donated and the spread made by one one of our local churches members today was magnificent covering an entire 20 foot conference table with great homemade everything! ( I need that recipe for potato salad best I ever had)

These times can bring out one of two things, today I saw the best in us..............humbled am I.

You did forget to mention one person, Mike. We always knew what type of guy you are, but a sincere thank you for your work on the front line

• Like 2

Stay tough, tiger.  Sounds to me like you have 14 days to polish that watch collection to a high gloss, eh?  And then.... PHOTOS!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello old friend, and here now the news..................

Well pretty calm at the two NJ and one NY I work at at last report, few 1 to 3 COVID  cases each biz as usual sort off, all wearing masks all the time. That being said here's the bad news as restrictions are loosened I see big trouble observed in my daily travels yesterday looming on the horizon. Bars are allowed out side tables saw a place I know on my way to Verizon for a new phone a few guys spread out plenty of tables ( Hmm do I stop in for one on the way home?) and another local spot I know also the same. Flash forward 1.5 hours on the way home, Both pretty packed guys all over real close usual out door bar stuff pre COVID  in close groups no masks (hey can not drink w/ a mask) naturally I kept going. Now Texas has closed their Bars while Jersey reopens cases up big time there ( and I do not mean to pick on bars I love them!!! LOL) Look gents this is spread mainly by breathing in and out without a mask in close proximity to others out doors or not get it. So now we a 4-6 week time line till we are back in the shit again. Mark my works if I am still kicking I will report and I have no doubt I will be right, just the nature of the beast we fight.  I ask God to give me ability to do a Vulcan mind meld w/ these fools I will take them through a 12 hour shift w/ ONE mask to keep reusing while your patients die on vents and you are helpless to save them, then they can go home and change their pants they just shit.

Look guys you know me many years fuck what your government tells you they do not care, economic activity is their goals lives are the cost of doing biz, your lives. Be very careful go overboard keeping you and your family safe sterile technique is key, every thing in must get washed down w/ COVID killing disinfectant, order delivery OK, wait in the driveway w/ clean plates put food on them dump their stuff in the trash them disinfect you hands. Best to cook your own get clean in and put away. Do not order salads how are you going to insure they are safe bagged or not. I have more if you need info on how to disinfect just PM or ask here since Clorox and Lysol are almost unobtainable, there are many options. Over the top MOAB you say HAA! you know nothing till you spend weeks running COVID vents nothing at all.

On the flip side I have seen some restaurants doing it right, out door setting reservations only spread out good job ( my wife and I went out yesterday) but they are few and far between search them out and order wisely.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, rower said:

spacer.png

Rower couldn't agree more. Everyone from WHO, CDC and of course Trump not to mention a few Governor's have screed up in spades. Meanwhile people die or have respiratory problems for the rest of their lives. Florida should be in lock down stay at home orders weeks ago , Texas seems to be getting their heads out of their ass albeit slowly. Trump is such an ass if he had taken the other side of this showing more concern for people locking us down send out money to everyone  we would be  in decent shape now and he would win election . Now who do I vote for Biden is senile and Trump can't get out of the way of his ego even with tens of thousands of lives at stake damn asshat.  Forget asshat it's criminal , I did not support prior impeachment but for this I would.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

More good news my friends. I have cut this for the meat of the vid but urge to watch it all and Dr C daily. It seems our German friends are very thorough and on to something as to be expected, hat tip MOAB!

https://youtu.be/TZ7vPxWC-3Y?t=271

Now the short of this is German info is age adjusted we all thought OH yea young getting tested positive they can weather the storm little hospitalization and deaths ( numbers look good) but they have found deaths by infection rate down dramatically over all as they isolated age groups in their data. Look above....................

By the way guys vitamin D take it a lot of it, Spanish did a study on infected in there hospitals gave half D half not w/ same medicines. Guess who did well the high D folks so if get it go in w/ good D levels you increase your chances. Do some C also in your regiment along w/ Zinc. You want your immune system working at peak these things will give it a good fighting chance and they are cheap as chips.

• Like 1

By the way guys vitamin D take it a lot of it, Spanish did a study on infected in there hospitals gave half D half not w/ same medicines. Guess who did well the high D folks so if get it go in w/ good D levels you increase your chances. Do some C also in your regiment along w/ Zinc. You want your immune system working at peak these things will give it a good fighting chance and they are cheap as chips.

A vaccine would be great the sooner the better or not who knows, I definitely agree with the zinc and have been taking it for years but the better news is that on November 4th the country will open back up fully, which it should have never shut down anyway and yes the coronavirus is here and it isn’t going anywhere but it will begin to fade away in the news and in people’s minds, yes the coronavirus is real I don’t want it and I don’t want anyone else to get it but hell I don’t want the flu either, by Christmas and it can’t come soon enough the country will me back to normal as it should be, at least November 4th isn’t to far away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk