When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Difference between eta 2836-2 and 2836?

Timelord

Hello fellow members,

I was trying to replace a cover plate for my eta 2836-2 and phoned my supply house to ask if they still had some in stock and was surprised to hear that they had one left!  When I went in to collect it, I saw that it was nothing like the one I needed!  The paper label it was stored in said for eta 2836 and even had a diagram of what it looked like. He then said " you asked for the eta 2836, which is a different movement altogether from the eta 2836-2".   I was dumbfounded ,

Now  how different are they and interestingly I see different balance bridges in some of the 2836-x such  as in the image posted?  In others  I see the ones with the fine tune round regulator which needs to have the auto winder removed to make coarser adjustments!  Is the one in the image legit for both movements?  I am in a state of confusion, or should I say learn something new everyday?  Thanks

image.jpg

3 hours ago, alligoat said:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&ETA_2836

You can start by looking at Ranfft- check out the 2836, 2836-1 and the 2836-2.

I don't know what the differences are, probably small improvements over the years.

Dr. Ranfft doesn't have all the formation and seems to list them as the same but they are not!  If I recall correctly, the 2836 does not have the fine regulator set up and some parts for the keyless works are also different!   I wil not insist as it has been years since I saw one!  However I definitely recall they are not exactly the same

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. Ranfft doesn't have all the formation and seems to list them as the same but they are not!  If I recall correctly, the 2836 does not have the fine regulator set up and some parts for the keyless works are also different!   I wil not insist as it has been years since I saw one!  However I definitely recall they are not exactly the same
From what I know, the date flipping mechanic on the 2836-2 is instant while the 2836 has a slow flipping date...

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk