When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Marcus - Enquiry on the mods required to make it near Gen

Dear All,

https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brands/audemars-piguet/royal-oak-offshore/royal-oak-offshore-black-white-marcus-edition-jf-on-white-rubber-strap-a7750-free-black-strap.html

Based on the link above for the AP Marcus White Edition from puretime, i would like to enquire what are the mods required to make it near gen? 

Thank you so much

Best Regards

Jon

Unless you have a bucket load of cash and a very, very good modder, you can forget all the Off Shore models. 

The movement used in ROO models is Dubois Dupraz type chronograph. This is a 2 tier movement meaning it has 2 levels. When you look at a gen ROO from the side the pusher buttons are not on the same horizontal plane as the crown. They are higher or lower (can't remember which)

All the reps use a 7750 movement which is a single tier chronograph so the pushers and crown are inline with each other.

This means, to mod a rep case you have to have extensive, engineering done to the case to lower/raise the crown.

It has been done. But like I said, bucket load of cash. 

Dear All,
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brands/audemars-piguet/royal-oak-offshore/royal-oak-offshore-black-white-marcus-edition-jf-on-white-rubber-strap-a7750-free-black-strap.html
Based on the link above for the AP Marcus White Edition from puretime, i would like to enquire what are the mods required to make it near gen? 

Thank you so much

Best Regards
Jon

Forget it :) its not possible to make it near gen.
1,Dw window in wrong position. 2,Dw is wrong font. 3,Wrong cyklop. 4,Handbase is to wide/big. 5,Watch is to thick. 6,Chronopushers and crown in wrong position, 7,there is no tachy/datewindow gap, (its because nr1 in this list) and the list goes on buddy.. so if you want an ”gen” like Audermars forget about the ROO. Go for the RO 15500. But if you dont care about the flaws and want to cool watch just go for the ROO

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, tompa_k said:

Forget it :) its not possible to make it near gen.
1,Dw window in wrong position. 2,Dw is wrong font. 3,Wrong cyklop. 4,Handbase is to wide/big. 5,Watch is to thick. 6,Chronopushers and crown in wrong position, 7,there is no tachy/datewindow gap, (its because nr1 in this list) and the list goes on buddy.. so if you want an ”gen” like Audermars forget about the ROO. Go for the RO 15500. But if you dont care about the flaws and want to cool watch just go for the ROO

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Hi @tompa_k,

With regards to the above flaws that you mentioned, i believe some mods are able to rectify the issue right?

1) Dw window in wrong position - can be adjusted?

2) Dw wrong font - get an aftermarket updated Dw

3) Wrong cyclop - replace cyclop

4) Handbase is to wide/big - trim the hands

5) Watch is too thick - Case thinning

6) Chronopushers & crown - this one i dont know

7) Tachy/datewindow gap - trim the tachy

If im not wrong, this mods can rectify the flaws above, but the rest i have no idea already. Educate me. 

Thank you

Best Regards

Jon

15 hours ago, ceejay said:

Unless you have a bucket load of cash and a very, very good modder, you can forget all the Off Shore models. 

The movement used in ROO models is Dubois Dupraz type chronograph. This is a 2 tier movement meaning it has 2 levels. When you look at a gen ROO from the side the pusher buttons are not on the same horizontal plane as the crown. They are higher or lower (can't remember which)

All the reps use a 7750 movement which is a single tier chronograph so the pushers and crown are inline with each other.

This means, to mod a rep case you have to have extensive, engineering done to the case to lower/raise the crown.

It has been done. But like I said, bucket load of cash. 

@ceejay, Thank you for the education. I dont have a Gen AP so i have no idea regarding the pusher buttons being not align as the same horizontal plane as the crown. I learn something new today. Sorry for being noob. understanding that the case have to grow through extensive engineering to make sure its the same to near gen.

Thank you

Best Regards

Jon

This will help https://medium.com/@jamguaid/watch-review-super-franken-audemars-piguet-rubber-clad-white-dial-25940sk-extremely-perfect-7fea47113dbe

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ON THIS SITE!

The best solution after case modifications is gen dial and hands.

If you google "Franken AP ROO" yo will get lots of information to read through.

Most is old, I haven't seen a ROO franken done for 4-5 years now.

10 minutes ago, ceejay said:

This will help https://medium.com/@jamguaid/watch-review-super-franken-audemars-piguet-rubber-clad-white-dial-25940sk-extremely-perfect-7fea47113dbe

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ON THIS SITE!

The best solution after case modifications is gen dial and hands.

If you google "Franken AP ROO" yo will get lots of information to read through.

Most is old, I haven't seen a ROO franken done for 4-5 years now.

@ceejay Thats like a total perfect education for a noob like me. Thank you so much. Anyways sorry im curious why you Caps " do not buy anything on the site" Care to share?

The rubberclad white dial is a superb beautiful piece.

Best Regards

Jon

22 hours ago, Jonathaneng said:

@ceejay Thats like a total perfect education for a noob like me. Thank you so much. Anyways sorry im curious why you Caps " do not buy anything on the site" Care to share?

Best Regards

Jon

Because the chance of you receiving anything are near on zero.

Use only trusted models from reputable forums. They know what their doing.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:22 AM, Jonathaneng said:

Hi @tompa_k,

With regards to the above flaws that you mentioned, i believe some mods are able to rectify the issue right?

1) Dw window in wrong position - can be adjusted?

2) Dw wrong font - get an aftermarket updated Dw

3) Wrong cyclop - replace cyclop

4) Handbase is to wide/big - trim the hands

5) Watch is too thick - Case thinning

6) Chronopushers & crown - this one i dont know

7) Tachy/datewindow gap - trim the tachy

If im not wrong, this mods can rectify the flaws above, but the rest i have no idea already. Educate me. 

Thank you

Best Regards

Jon

@ceejay, Thank you for the education. I dont have a Gen AP so i have no idea regarding the pusher buttons being not align as the same horizontal plane as the crown. I learn something new today. Sorry for being noob. understanding that the case have to grow through extensive engineering to make sure its the same to near gen.

Thank you

Best Regards

Jon

I agree with Tompa on what he said about rep ROOs. Actually, Tompa has the best attitude toward these AP reps among all the members which I have seen. And he is a prolific collector of AP reps, he practices what he says.. don't try to fool anyone into thinking you are wearing a gen AP, because you aren't even if its a modded rep or franken. The list of flaws you mentioned can be taken care of superficially by mods yes, there will STILL be visual differences if you know your APs. 

Ultimately, rep APs are nice watches to wear for your own entertainment, but do not for a second pretend that they are gen, or try to misrepresent them as such. They are not easy to rep or mod well, and even the so called "frankens" have tells which a learned enthusiast can call out.

23 minutes ago, ceejay said:

Because the chance of you receiving anything are near on zero.

Use only trusted models from reputable forums. They know what their doing.

@ceejay, Yup understood. Thank you

13 minutes ago, Legend said:

I agree with Tompa on what he said about rep ROOs. Actually, Tompa has the best attitude toward these AP reps among all the members which I have seen. And he is a prolific collector of AP reps, he practices what he says.. don't try to fool anyone into thinking you are wearing a gen AP, because you aren't even if its a modded rep or franken. The list of flaws you mentioned can be taken care of superficially by mods yes, there will STILL be visual differences if you know your APs. 

Ultimately, rep APs are nice watches to wear for your own entertainment, but do not for a second pretend that they are gen, or try to misrepresent them as such. They are not easy to rep or mod well, and even the so called "frankens" have tells which a learned enthusiast can call out.

@Legend, Yup understood. Thank you

23 hours ago, Jonathaneng said:

Best Regards

Jon

That piece shown by jamguaid, which @ceejay kindly showed you as an example of what is possible, is far from perfect btw. Takes about 3 seconds tops to call it out as non-genuine. 

Just now, Legend said:

That piece shown by jamguaid, which @ceejay kindly showed you as an example of what is possible, is far from perfect btw. Takes about 3 seconds tops to call it out as non-genuine. 

@Legend, As a noob like me, i probably wont be able to tell the difference. But for you and all the gurus out there, im sure you guys would be able to spot a non-genuine easily. I guess i would have to save up to get a Gen AP Roo instead of going Franken or modding a Rep. Thank you

Best Regards

Jon